Act XXI

Jiyuu's POV

He swept me away to the middle of the ballroom, colors of different skirts and the elegance of high-end suits surrounding me.

"I don't know how to dance." I whispered, as I looked into the azure hues of his eyes.
"Then follow my lead." he replied.

He took my right hand and positioned it on his shoulder, my left hand intertwined with his. His other hand was then placed on my waist, and slightly pulled me closer to him.

Moments later, I was dancing with him, steps calculated carefully so as not to step on his feet.

My eyes were directed to the ground, carefully watching myself dance.

"Oi." he chided.

We stopped for a moment.

He carefully lifted my chin up so that my eyes could meet his, a crimson color painting my cheeks as I did so.

"Look at me." he said, and we continued to dance.

It's as if everyone around me disappeared, and felt like the two of us were the only persons in the ballroom, dancing to our hearts' content.

He swept me away to another world, where the two of us are the only people.

What am I even saying?

"You're a really great dancer." I complimented.
"Thanks. I was trained to dance like this." he mumbled.

He averted his eyes away from mine for a moment, and then initiated eye contact once more.

Too soon, the song ended, and the world he swept me in was up in smoke, the colors swirling around me once more.

He let me go, the familiar warmth escaping me.

----------

"A pleasure meeting you, Lady Narumi."

The King of Shiratorizawa, Ushijima Wakatoshi, extended his hand as a sign of greeting.

I shook it, smiling as I did so.

This was an unending routine. Shaking hands with the Kings and Queens of the different kingdoms, King Kozume Kenma of the Nekoma Kingdom, King Aone Takanobu of the Dateko Kingdom, Queen Elizabeth of England and Queen Marie Antoinette of France.

My arms are already tired.

"If I may, King Ushijima, I would have to borrow the Lady from you for a moment."

The mellow tones of his voice seemed to lure me to him. He pulled my hand gently, and made me look at his brown orbs.

"I am Oikawa Tooru, 15th King of Aoba Johsai." he said, as he led me to dance.

So, he's the wretched king of Aoba Johsai that I've been hearing about.

Now I know that the fact that he's a ladies' man was true.

"You look wonderful tonight." he continued, which made my cheeks burn.

He kept his gaze on my eyes, flashing a perfect smile ever so often. I mumbled a small thanks to his compliment, which made him chuckle at my meekness.

"Now I know why my cousin chose you." he said in his mellow tone of his.

He dipped me down gently, taking me by surprise.

Not only does he have good looks, but he is an excellent dancer.

"Sorry, did I surprise you?" he asked.
"A little bit." I said quietly.

He chuckled once more, showing more of his childish side to me, which made me flustered.

He's trying to sweep me to another world, like what Kageyama did to me.

"It would be better if I would be your fiancée instead of my cousin." he whispered.

He shattered the foundations of the world he was trying to sweep me in with those words.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

He flashed me one of those smiles again, but this time, I wasn't going to fall for his trap.

He's nothing but annoying.

"I'm better than you think. I deserve you more than he does." he replied with a mischievous glint on his eyes, pulling me closer and tightening his grip on my wrist.

He'a doing everything to compete with his cousin.

I tried to free from his grip, but it was much too strong.

I can't cast a spell in front of these many people.

He gave me a smirk, and I have a feeling that it wasn't going to end well.

"Oikawa."

Blue eyes clashed with mine as he pulled me from the Aoba Johsai King's grasp.

"She's mine." Kageyama said to his cousin.

Oikawa's smirking visage morphed into a frown as Kageyama said those two words.

"So back off before I demolish one of your Bases." he continued.

The King of Aoba Johsai walked off, but before he left us, he said his final words.

"I won't be giving up so easily, cousin."
•••••••••