Act XXV

Kageyama's POV

My eyes were fixated on the amethyst jewel, admiring the unique cut made by the Royal Jeweller. Its facets shined in the light of the chandelier, and it was set in a gold heart-shaped pendant, and hung on a thin gold chain.

The jewel matched the majestic hue of her eyes.

It was perfect.

"How is it, Your Highness?" Ukai Keishin, the Royal Jeweller, asked, as he smoked his pipe.
"Perfect as always, Ukai. Thank you." I said gratefully to the Jeweller.

He gave me the red velvet box that contained the fine piece of jewelery, and went on his way.

Will she like it?

I smiled at the small box, and hugged it close to my chest.

I hope she does.
----------

Jiyuu's POV

Am I really....

For days I pondered on my feelings, locking myself in my room for an hour a day.

This went on for a week, and I'm still confused.

What is this feeling?

Why is it making me so puzzled?

A knock shattered my thoughts, and I came to my senses.

I slowly turned the doorknob, and I was face-to-face with the King.

My heart fluttered suddenly, and my cheeks heated up almost instantly.

"I want to take you somewhere." he said.

I didn't answer, and stayed silent.

Surprisingly, he smirked.

Very unusual of him.

But something in my mind drew me to him, and I took his hand.

The moment I did, I darkness took over me, and embraced me, and the rest... I don't know anymore.

----------

Kageyama's POV

"Jiyuu?"

I rapped my knuckles on the ivory door.

No answer.

Is she asleep?

I trembled as I held the velvet box, and knocked on the door once more.

Once again, no answer.

I called her name. There was no answer. I knocked. The hall was filled with silence, and her appearance did not grace the doorway.

A pang of fear rippled inside of me.

The knocks were louder, and my calls were nervous. Still, the silence embraced me.

"Jiyuu, stop playing games! I know you're in there!" I yelled.

The moment I didn't hear her voice, I did the only thing I could think of.

The sound of the door crashing at me feet graced my ears. Once the dust settled, I fell to my knees.

The box fell from my hands in utter shock, as I fixed my eyes on the room. Crystalline tears fell on the carpet, and faded.

Sadness engulfed my being, and sorrow took me in her arms.

She's......

She's gone.
-------------

Third-Person POV

He held Jiyuu in his arms, smirking as he did so.

The spell faded, and the mask he conjured to disguise himself as Kageyama evaporated into thin air.

The smirk on his face, belonged to none other than...

"I have completed the task, my lord." he said, bowing to the Maharlika with the Mahika in his arms.

The King, clad in turquoise and white smirked also at the sight of the man.

"Very well... Hajime."
••••••••••

A/n

Welp.

Didn't see that coming.

Hope you liked act 25!

Vote or comment if you do :)

-staraitoooo