Chapter 5

"Claire!" Callie shouted.
     "What do you want"
     "What should I wear?" Callie was holding up a bright red and a dark red lipstick.
     "I seriously don't care." Claire said as she slipped on her flats.
     "Sorry for me caring how I look like."
     "You shouldn't even be invited."
     "But you said I could come."
     "Unfortunately."
      Claire was upset that Callie just joined her plans.
      She decided ask to see if Callie knew anything about Andy. 
     "So what's Andy's last name?"
     "I think it's Johnson."
"What's sports does he play?"
Callie was aggravated, "Why don't you just shut up once in a while?"
Claire started to mumble the words Callie said.
Claire was wearing a pretty teal colored dress and a light amount of makeup. Callie on the other hand looked like she was going to a beauty pageant. She had a enormous amount of makeup on and her clothes had all kinds of sequins. Claire thought that Callie looked hideous and that she was also way over dressed.
Once Callie was done changing her lip color they ran down the stairs.
Miley stopped them before they could get outside, "Don't you think that you should say goodbye to your father?"
Claire and Callie nodded their heads, then silently walked to their fathers room.
Their father was startled, "What are you guys doing?"
Claire spoke up, "We're leaving, just wanted to tell you goodbye."
Claire had no idea why she had felt so awkward around her father, she could tell by Callie's face that she felt the same way.
Her fathers eyes widened, "Well where are you guys going?"
It was so unexpected, so intense, but Callie's little bubble of peace inside her had finally broke.
Callie screamed, " YOUR A TERRIBLE FATHER, YOU DO NOTHING FOR ME NOR CLAIRE, MILEY IS WAY MORE OF A PARENT TO US THAN YOU!"
Claire chased Callie down the hallway, but Callie ran into her room and locked the door.
"Callie open your door!"
"NO, JUST GO ON YOUR DATE CLAIRE!"
   Claire gave up and ran into her room. She had never been a big fan of slamming doors, unlike Callie, but this time she slammed it harder than she ever had before.
    Claire popped down onto her bed and thought "Maybe Callie is right, our father has not really even been a father since mom died."  Their mom had died in a car accident when Claire was 7 and Callie was 8. Claire and Callie now both have a fear of driving.
    Claire became lost in thought thinking about her mom, she missed her so much. Claire and Callie's mom was named Amanda. She was gorgeous for having two children, she had bleach blond hair and the prettiest smile. Claire will always remember how she would read her favorite children's book, The Very Hungry Caterpillar every night.
    She pulled the book out of the shelf, she reread all the pages, even though she already knew the book by heart.
    Claire just now realized that Miley had kind of took her mothers place. After her moms death their father had hired Miley to be their all time nanny. Miley was the one who stepped up, not their father.
     Claire started to make a list in her head about everything Miley does for them, but then lost track because Miley does everything as a parent would for their child. She tried the the same thing for her father, all she could think of was that he paid the bills.
Claire called and told Ian that she couldn't make it. She could tell he was mad at her, she was the one that had insisted on going.
As Claire was sitting on her bed as she looked over at her alarm clock, 6:30 P.M. It read. She got an idea.
Claire went to Callie's room and knocked on the door.
"Come in." Callie said, Claire could tell she was trying to hold back tears.
"Callie, pack a bag, and hurry I have a place we can go." Callie didn't even look shocked.
Claire went into her own room and packed a small bag. Toothbrush, pajamas, hair ties, and some makeup remover for Callie.
"Ready?" Claire asked Callie.
"Yeah."
They ran downstairs out the front door.