And You Left Me...

Depuis le début

He looked up at me then back down at my mom.

"Are you two going to be okay?" I whispered to him. I'd hate myself if I woke up my mom.

"Yeah. I'll take care of her. I promise."

"And you'll call me if you need anything right?" I asked him. He nodded, standing up.

"How about we reminisce old memories and have a movie marathon before you leave?" He asked me. I smiled up at him and nodded.

---

I fell asleep on Daniel's chest that night. I told him to call Liam for me if I fell asleep without calling him. I forgot to call him before I fell asleep, so Daniel ended up calling Liam for me.

We fell asleep watching the Avengers. I was peaceful. Daniel had his arms around me, and I felt safe with my brother. I honestly did. I like spending time with him, since I don't really get to do it that much. We both were comforting each other because we both would end up crying at random points, so we'd pause the movie and hold the other until the crying stopped.

I woke up, with Daniel next to me, eyes watching me carefully.

"I wanted to wait until you woke up before I went to check on mom."

"You can go," I smiled at him, as he got up and walked out. I stretched and got out of bed, walking back to my room.

I got a hot shower, to help clear my mind, got dressed, did my makeup, and then did my hair.

I put on black skinny jeans, black leather jacket, a white cropped tank top under my jacket, combat boots, a long necklace, and then blow dried my hair and flat ironed it.

I walked back out of my room, looking in the mirror and grabbed my phone, headphones and diary, walking into my mom's room, where Daniel sat on the side of the bed next to her, they were both talking. I couldn't make out what they were saying, but I'll let it stay between them.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna go ahead and go so I don't miss my flight. I love you both. I'll call and Skype every day. I promise. Call me if you ever need anything and I'll be on the next flight back," I told them both, hugging my mom tight and kissing her forehead, doing the same to Daniel.

"I'll call you when I land in DC!" I told her, walking out the house. I blinking back the tears as I met the cab outside the apartment.

"Airport," I told him, he nodded. I put in my headphones and laid my head against the cold window, closing my eyes as I listened to The Script.

---

The plane ride was living hell. I was crying for most of the plane ride, thinking about my dad, my mom, and Daniel. I was so worried about my mom and Daniel. I knew Daniel would take care of my mom and I knew she would take care of him. They both had to be there for each other, until I got back. I didn't want to leave them. But I didn't want to leave the band with no opening act. And it would honestly be a good distraction because I don't think I could handle sitting in the apartment right now.

I walked down the hall, my heels clicking on the floor as I looked for the crew. I felt so bad for leaving them so quickly, especially Katie, but I couldn't stay. My dad was all I could think about. And then he just...

"RAINES!" Someone yelled. I looked around, trying to spot the female voice, then my eyes connected with a pair of piercing green eyes. I immediately ran to my friend, wrapping my arms around her neck, putting my face into her shoulder as I began crying. I almost lost it on the plane, and I just couldn't hold it in anymore.

Katie rubbed my back as she held me crying. I didn't care if people were watching. I just needed this hug right now.

After what seemed like ages, Katie and I pulled apart. I wiped under my eyes, removing any stray mascara. She smiled at me and took my hand in hers, giving it a gentle squeeze.