Truth or Dare

Raines P.O.V

   I walk into my room, close the door, and slowly slide down until I'm sitting on the floor. I feel like the happiest girl in the world right now. I've never been happier. Today will never be better. Well if Liam would've kissed me then hell yes today would've been better. But everyone knows that's not about to happen, especially that fast. I mean we really just started becoming friends today. Even I know that. So my hopes are not let down. I wasn't even expecting as much as I got out of today. 

    I feel my heart turning violently inside of my chest. I stand up to get ready for bed, do my homework, and watch.... What am I in the mood for?? I ponder as I walk to my dresser and pull out some cotton shorts, a blue tank top, and a sweatshirt. I quickly change and throw my previous outfit into the dirty clothes basin by my door.

   I need something to sing to. I grab my iPod and start the shuffle. We Cry by The Script (who else?) comes on. I immediately burst into song and waltz into the bathroom. I squeeze some Colgate onto my toothbrush and start to brush my teeth. I continue to sing while brushing my teeth; well attempting to sing, that is. Can't really sing when I have a toothbrush in my mouth. Once the song finishes, I spit out my tooth paste. Now, I have to take out my contacts. I almost poke my self in the eye on the last contact because of the song a certain comes on.

"Never thought that passenger seat

Has ever looked this good to me

He tells me about his night

And I count the colors in his eyes,"

     I let out a squeal and jump up and down to the beat of I'd Lie by Taylor Swift. I still have to wash my face. I walk back into the bathroom and grab my Clean and Clear face wash and massage it all over my face. I have to stop singing because I'm not going to risk getting face wash in my mouth. It happened once and I didn't go to school the next day because I was sick. Breathing a sigh of relief when the hot water hit my skin, I rinsed off the soap and suds off my face. I turn off the bathroom light and run into my room. I stand on my bed, singing along to one of my favorite songs while trying to braid my hair.

"And I can tell you

His favorite color's green,

He likes to argue, born on the 17th

His sister's beautiful,

He has his father's eyes,

And if you asked me if I love him,

I'd lie,"

 "You can actually sing. And you're really good too." A random deep voice tells me.

   I scream at the sudden voice in my room. I turn around and see that I'm now staring into Liam's gorgeous brown eyes.

   "What the hell Liam?! Who let you in? Why are you here? Wait you heard me singing?!" I whisper yell, falling onto my knees, and hopping onto the floor, standing in front of him. 

   Oh my freaking God. He heard me sing, and to make it worse, I was dancing on my bed in my pajamas. My day is officially ruined. He's never going to talk to me again. I bet he thinks I'm the weirdest girl in school now. I think to myself. The sound of him laughing brings me out of my thoughts.

   "Calm down Raines," Liam tells me, setting his hands on my shoulders. "Okay, your brother let me in, I want to talk to you, and yes I heard you singing," Liam explains to me. I feel my heart rate slow down just a little bit.