Chapter 23

Tony's POV

I sit here watching our beautiful twin sleep. Our list with names in my hand. The names we picked out together. I loved them all. I made the team leave. I needed to do this alone. No, I needed to do this with Ziva but she's not here. How can the doctors expect me to pick a name so quickly? I look at the list again. Eight different names written on the paper in Ziva's beautiful handwriting. Four boy's names and four girl's names. We each had chosen two names and when they were born we would choose together. I get pulled out of thought by a doctor coming in pulling a bed with him. There she is. The mother of my children. Awake but groggy and weak. I still don't know what happened with Ziva back there but I don't really care either. She is alive and she doing okay. Better than okay actually. Doctors told me to choose their names already because they had no idea how long Ziva would be out. They didn't know how strong Ziva is. Now they do. I rush over to Ziva's side and take her hand in mine. The doctor tells her to take it easy and then leaves us here with our children. I smile at Ziva running circles on her hand with my thumb again. She smiles back at me. That beautiful smile of hers. I almost lost that smile today. 10/08/2016 at 0503 I almost lost Ziva and I will never forget how that felt.

I pull the tiny little beds towards us and smile as Ziva looks at our miracles. I take the little girl out of the bed and give her to Ziva. I have literally never seen Ziva this happy before. Even with a still quite pale face. Bags under her eyes. Some wires attached to her body. She is still the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I break up the little mother-daughter-moment by reminding her we still have to name them. She looks at the little girl.

"Katherine Tali Dinozzo." She says smiling up at me. It was the first name on our little list of names. We both like the name a lot so that is our baby girl's name now. We had been debating whether we should choose Kelly or Tali as middle name. We eventually decided to go for Tali. It was Ziva's little sister's name. We wanted them both to have a middle name with a meaning. Ziva pulls me out of thought by saying that I should say the boy's name. I take the little boy out and sit down next to Ziva on the bed. We both look at our son and then I know how I want to call him.

"Ethan Jethro Dinozzo." I say. Ziva immediately smiles up at me nodding her head in agreement. This is also why we choose for the name Tali and not Kelly. It would not be completely fair. Tali was Ziva's blood related family, while Gibbs actually isn't and yet we would name both our kids to him or people who were important to him but not us. People we never even knew. It just didn't seem completely fair. But I must say that I like both names a lot and by the looks of it, Ziva agrees with me.