Chapter 4

Tony's POV

This morning Ziva had overslept so we used that time very well. I still think it was pretty weird that Ziva overslept. She has never overslept before. Also yesterday, the fact she fell asleep during the movie and didn't wake up when I brought her to bed was weird. Normally she wakes up from the smallest noise and now I was able to carry her to bed. I even changed her out of her clothes and she didn't wake. She didn't seem very well before we left either. As I think more and more about recent events, I'm getting more and more concerned. I get pulled out of my thoughts by Gibbs telling us we have a case. I try not to let her know I'm getting concerned with her during the day. This time our case doesn't seem to be as easy as the last case. We're actually working late today, which makes me notice even more things going on with Ziva.

Ziva tells me she's going outside for a minute clearly not feeling too well. I nod and go with her just to make sure that she's okay. She smiles at me as we sit down on a little bench in front of the building. I look behind me to make sure nobody is looking before placing a quick kiss on her cheek. She smiles at me and thanks me for coming with her outside. I smile at her. I couldn't let her go outside alone when she was clearly not feeling well. I don't tell her it's because of that though, she will say she's fine anyway. I know her way too well. I take notice that all of a sudden Ziva start to give a suspicious look towards the road. She says she has noticed a car drive past a couple of times now. I start paying attention to it too and notice that indeed a black van drives past twice.

That's when the car stops right in front of us. We give each other a quick look before the door of the van opens and three men jump out. We don't even have the time to scream for back up before they cover our mouths with something. The last thing I remember is seeing an unconscious Ziva getting dragged in the van, and then being lifted too. I can hear someone yelling "NCIS" in the background before everything turns completely black.

I wake up in an empty cold room. The first thing I do is look around for Ziva but I can't see her anywhere. I panic and get up. That's when I notice that my hands are tight behind my back. I don't care and start banging on the door. The door swings open and I'm met with a tall guy when I turn around. "Where's Ziva?!" I yell at him.

He snickers at me. "The girl? Don't worry about her." He says with a smirk evident on his face. If my hands weren't tight together right now, I would have hit the guy straight in the face. He slams the door shut and I sit back down on the little bed. All I can do right now is worry for Ziva and hope that she's okay. I most certainly hope she didn't wake up before me and got herself into trouble already. A little later the door swings open. I look up hoping Ziva will appear but no. The same guy appears and cuts me loose after warning me that one wrong movement, and they will kill Ziva. It's not long before the door reopens and Ziva gets thrown in. I catch her before she hits the ground and she immediately clenches onto me after seeing me.

I stroke her hair back as she sobs into my shoulder. I immediately realize something has happened. Ziva never cries. It's nearly a miracle when she does. I try asking her what happened but each time her grip on me just tightens. It takes her a while before she finally let's go of me and looks me straight in the eyes. I wipe away the remaining tears and put her hair behind her ear. I try to ask her what happened but she just shakes her head and sits down on my lap, burying her head on my shoulder. By the way she's acting towards me right now, I'm assuming it has something to do with me. They probably said something about me, that I was dead or something. It doesn't matter, she's here now and she's okay. Hopefully they will find us before that changes.

I think that I wouldn't even be able to live without Ziva anymore. Those mornings when she kisses me awake. The mornings that she teases me out of bed in all the ways you can possibly think of. Our movie nights. The smile on her face when I serve dinner. The smile when she's looking at me. All those things are priceless and I couldn't live a day without it, knowing that I will never see it again. She has become a part of me.