Chapter 11

Just watched EUFA EURO 2016
Belgium - Sweden 1-0
Go Belgium!!!! 🇧🇪 🇧🇪 🇧🇪

Ziva's POV

I've been pacing around in the hospital for over an hour now and they still have no news about Tony. The team has tried to make me sit down but after five minutes I was up and walking around again. Eventually Gibbs pulls me straight to the seat next to him. He makes sure that this time I can't go anywhere. He puts his arm around me and pulls me closer so my head is resting on his shoulder. He tells me to calm down and strokes my hair back. Next thing I know I wake up, my head still on Gibbs his shoulder. He's talking to McGee until he notices that I woke up. He looks down at me and smiles. "Did you sleep well?" He asks me and I just nod. I ask if there is anything new about Tony but they still haven't come out with news yet. I sigh and make myself a little more comfortable on Gibbs shoulder. I just know that Gibbs is smiling down at me. Over the past months we've become closer than ever. Even McGee is smiling at us.

I don't dare to ask how long I've slept, knowing that the answer will most likely make me even more terrified. Because the longer I slept, the longer Tony has been in surgery without any news. I think it takes about ten more minutes before a doctor finally comes out with some news. I sit up in one second, Gibbs arm never leaving my shoulder. Tony has severe injuries but they think he will survive them. They don't know when he will wake up though. If it's going to be tomorrow or in a month. We'll just have to see. I certainly hope not too long. I've already put up for almost four months without him, I don't want it to last any longer than it already has. We are allowed to go to him but only one by one. I don't even get the chance to look at Gibbs before they are all agreeing in letting me go in first. I look at Gibbs and he nods with a smile giving me permission to go in first.

I take a seat next to his bed and take his hand in mine. I tell him all about what has happened in the past month, including about the baby. I've heard that people in his condition can actually hear what you're saying, so I hope he'll wake up sooner because of it. I don't know how long I've been in Tony's room before Gibbs walks in, telling me the others want to see him too. I nod slightly, taking a glance at Tony's lifeless body on the bed. Gibbs puts his arm around my shoulder and leads me outside to the waiting room. As soon as we're in the waiting room, Abby rushes in. Well, after pausing to ask me how he is, not waiting for my answer though.