The Waiter (Smut)

Hello! Just letting everyone know that I have a tumblr:

igot7bangtans.tumblr.com

which I am more active on and it has more of my fics and most of them are completed. So, please follow me there!

Thank you,

Mason

-  

Prompt: Don't underestimate the power of red lipstick. 

-

You were never one to really like bold colors. You preferred to say within the cool tones of the color spectrum; various shades of blues, greens, and purples, otherwise known as hues that made most people, and certainly you, feel calm and at peace. Whereas red, orange, and yellow only made you think of fire; a burning passion that one might have with someone else, or a house up in flames that, in the end, will have it crashing down till it is nothing but mere warm black ashes atop of the brown soil it had been built upon.

Tonight, however was an exception for you.

It was a party for one of your best friend's twenty-first birthday. She intended on having a celebration at a fancy reception; it was like a setup you would see at a sweet sixteen or wedding, only that it was for a birthday. There were several circle-shaped tables with numerous seats around them, a bar on the side, a dancefloor, which meant a DJ, and even her own little table with her closest friends, you included, so she could chat with them with ease.

The invitation stated to dress nicely, so you wore a sleek, tight, black dress with no sleeves. You combined it with black heels and had your hair up in a messy bun, which you genuinely though looked nice. The makeup you had on was black eyeliner and, contrary to what you usually like, a bright red lipstick, the same shade as a rose whose petals had just sprouted.

You really thought the color was so out there, the complete opposite of how you were or dressed, but tonight, something in you just told you that it was for the best. You weren't sure why it would be so important, especially since you thought red lipstick was a little much and that it caused too much attention to be drawn to you. The feeling inside of you, telling you that it would be nice to try something different, just wouldn't shake itself off, and so you went along with it, hoping that the feeling was going to hold true to what it said.

Before you had even walked through the doors into the fancy banquet hall, you heard the music blasting through the oak wood and glass. The bass was heavy enough for you to feel in your body, your heart feeling as if it was pounding to the beat.

Pushing open one of the doors, gift in one hand and your purse in the other, you stepped inside, unable to help the smile that crawled onto your face. The place was utterly lively, which made you happy. People were laughing and having a good time, and a small part you couldn't wait to join them, but you were content just seeing others enjoying themselves. There were people you recognized all around the place, waving hello to them and only stopping to say a simple how are you and respond I'm well when they asked the question back, then parting and making your way over to the table where you settled your present on top of the white cloth which draped over the metal stand.

The table which had numerous cards with names of people and the number of which table they were to be sitting at was right next to it, so you found yours, grabbed it, and made your way over to the dais, where you had been placed.

As you walked there, you were busy fixing your dress and making sure it wasn't riding up, but it clearly wasn't a good idea. You ended up bumping into one of the waiters, who was had a tray on his splayed hand, several margaritas on top of it. The drinks ended up toppling over, splashing onto both you, him, and the dancefloor. Some of the glass even made contact with the tile, crashing against it and shards flying all over the place. Wow, you hadn't even been here for a solid two minutes and you already managed to fuck something up.