The Truth

when we finally got back to the Cortez Donovan decided to stay at the bar and talk to Liz. I wanted to see Elizabeth. I went up to her penthouse and opened the door. She was sitting on the couch with her head down, and a familiar tune playing in the background. I took off my coat and sat down next to her.

"It's been awhile since I've heard this one" I spoke taking a sip of her glass.

"Yes, it's a classic" She whispered covering her face.

"Are you okay?" I asked moving closer to her. She had been crying, this was strange because she doesn't cry.

"Don't you feel so stupid when the very thing you wanted forever more than anything was right in front of you" She whispered.

"Well.. of course" I whispered back confused more than anything.

She got up and went over to the liquor and filled her glass with bourbon. "He's a monster' She whispered chugging the alcohol down.

"Who's a monster? Elizabeth you're scaring me"

Within the walls of my hell..was my light" She cried causing me to stand up.

"Elizabeth! What the hell are you talking about?"

"Valentino!" She screamed falling to the ground.

"I thought he left, He left you right?" I cried.

"Ha ha that's what he wants me to think, that's he wants you to think"

"Who?"

"James", she turns to face the ground and starts to laugh, " But the joke is on him, because I'll do everything in my power to get him back! Even if that means tearing every each of these walls he built to trap me"

"Is that necessary?" I spoke without thinking what I had said.

"I could never find him, for the longest time I was lost."

"Until you found me..right Elizabeth. Elizabeth I love you and you love me. I know about the letter. I know that you kept in contact with my family. you love me more than anything in the world." I crawl towards her grab a hold of her. She looked motionless.

She grabs my face and smiles, "Rule number one, Never fall in love."

"RULES ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN, RIGHT?" I cried.

She remained silent. "I know you are not in the right mind set right now, that's why. I will come back. I love you. You need to see that I was the one that made you happy not fucking Valentino. He's better off dead"