Family Matters

I woke up to rain patter on the window. It had to be 6:30 a.m. I went to the bathroom and looked at my restless face and started to take my clothes off so I could take a bath. Afterwards I got dressed and went out of the room and was going to reach for the stairs but then I heard a voice.

"Are you with him?" The voice was interesting. I still hadn't faced the faceless person.

"The guy in my room?" I asked looking into the bedroom.

"Yeah. You did arrive with him so I assumed"

"You assumed wrong" I turned around with shock. He could see it all over my face making him grin.

"What you look like you've seen a ghost?" He chuckled leaning against another doorframe with his sweater slightly big for him.

"That's because, you are" I looked at him from head to toe. "You're Tate."

"How did you know that?" He seemed surprised.

"I know some things" I started to walk down the stairs.

"What's your name?" He ran towards the railing looking down at me. I look at him and give him a devilish grin.

"It's lily. Lily Langdon"

When I got into the kitchen I saw Constantine sitting at the dinning table.

"You didn't tell me your son still resides here?" I sat across from her.

"It went over my head I suppose. How did you sleep?"

"Okay"

I felt a hug behind me and realized it was Donovan. He say down next to me and played with my foot as I sat next to him.

"So where are you living?" Constantine asked

"Hotel Cortez. That's where I went before I-" I cut myself off with a cup of coffee.

"What's your plans?"

"I don't know at the moment really"

"You should do whatever your heart desires trust me, that's what I should of done"

Suddenly Tate sat down with all of us causing an awkward pause.

"Wow. You actually are sitting down with your mother. Like a normal son. What caused this?" Constantine smirked.

He gave her a weird grin and rolled his eyes and looked at me.

"So you're family?"

"Yeah, if I'm right were very distant cousins give a couple years" I chuckled as I crossed my legs.

"You're dead?"

"No I'm immortal. I think anyway"

"Cool, Lily. Very cool" he smiled at me.

Tate was weird, but intriguing kind of weird you automatically wanted to know more about him. And for some odd reason it felt like I've known him forever.

"Have you ever heard of Kurt Cobain?" He smiled.

"That's a little after her time, kid" Donovan smirked causing smoldering stare from Tate.

"You should give him a listen sometime, Lily."