The Numbness

James POV

She looks at me like the fire in her eyes has been dowsed with ice water, if anything it makes the blue more pale. I'm not used to it, it unnerves me. I want her to give freely like she always does but she won't. It's like she just crawled right back inside some invisible shell and no matter how hard I try she's unreachable. She moves her eyes more slowly, like they're heavy, an effort to move. I want to crack my usual jokes but I know she won't laugh. I'm standing right next to her but she might as well be on the moon.

"Lily?" I whispered into her ear.

She glanced back at me, and tried to smile but could not. Her lips weren't that rosey red they use to be, they were pale pink. "What's wrong?"

"It's been three months since, I first saw you in so long and I just feel odd like, I'm repeating the same thing everyday. Nothing new"

This place can do that to you

"Can I do anything for you?"

She gets up to the window and the sun is gleaming on her skin, "I need time alone..I think. I am allowed that right"

She seemed angry with me but, all I did was agree wit her and let her out of my room.

"Your pet is losing that spunk she use to had for you" a voice came up behind me, it wa john.

"She's lost and confused. she's dead but alive also. She's not my pet either! We both love each other"

he laughs and back up, "Really over that many years of not knowing if you were dead or alive, and you still think she loves you..after all you did to her?"

"That was not my fault, I told you what happened"

"Still, love fades ask my wife"