A distant memory

Tallah Green P.O.V.

All three of us sat in the cave, I stared hard at Ingolfr and Sigrun. "So let me get this right you guys were sent to find me?" I voiced out in confusion. "How did you know where to start?"

They stared right back at me then frowned Ingolfr cleared his throat. "Do you remember who you even are or what happened to you?" I shook my head no, as they visibly looked more worried. "O.K. Do you know the kingdom of Gek's Archipeag?" I shook my head no and they both sighed "Well then you must have lost your memories of your kingdom then. Perhaps after the magical explosion?"

I replied with disbelief, "magical explosion? Are you going to tell me that I'm royalty also? "

Ingolfr chuckles, "well you are royalty, in fact, you are the high queen of Gek's Archipeag. When I was studying about you in the books of history of the city you came up quite a bit. You have eight lovers two of which are vampires the next two are witches and two more wolf and the last two are war bears. You are the person who made the kingdom of Gek's Archipeag. They say that you had a secret power also, but considering this is all new to you I assume you don't remember."

Sigrun then almost happily cut off Ingolfr and continues the event that transpires. "The war of the four United species took place next, our goal was to increase our borders for new farming land and to grow bigger cities also to stop the tyranny of Collain Josfear. There was resistance by the creatures of the wastelands which we expected was Collain doing. They attacked us and that was when we lost you in the magical explosion. Witches say there was too much power in one area and all it took was a spell gone wrong or right depending on what was being attempted at the time. When you were no longer any were in the army that was rallied around you, chaos took hold and the war was stopped. I don't know what happens next cause that is when we were sent out after you."

I blink a few times and shake my head. "Do you really think I believe you this sounds crazy in fact, also I don't have any lovers? I am single!" I stop to give them a hard stare. "You can't make me do anything I don't trust you that is that." I folded my arms and pout my lips. They sat there looking as if I just ended the world. Before Sigrun jumps up and starts to yell. "You need to come with us high queen Tall-ah your lovers need you and your kingdom need you. "

I yell back with frustration in my voice. "There you go again crazy I am not a queen and I was born here. This is my home!"

Sig-run was just about to reply before he was stopped by his brother he spoke in the same calm voice as before. "Do you know where you were born?  How about your father's age? How about that house, what memories do you have with that house? Should I go on?"

My jaw hung open as the question rolled out of his mouth sadly I couldn't answer any of them. I became confused and sad as if the life I was living was not mine at all.

Sigrun cut my thinking short with a smirk on his face and a stupid comment. "What's wrong is the queen getting more confused trying to put a puzzle together with no pieces."

His brother slapped him on the back of the head "Hey don't be an ass we are trying to get her to trust us, remember?"

I stopped listening to them after a while closing my eyes and thinking really hard trying to remember every memory It seemed that when I recalled something it simply faded away. I opened my eyes with no real plan it not like I can run away from them especially not now.

Ingolfr looked at me his face got a bit darker. "You are confused and you don't know who to trust that's all right but come with us! You will see the truth. You have no one to look after you and you seem to have lost a lot of memories. Let us do our jobs to protect you and bring you back home. "