2.1 Party Disaster

Song: Breathing Slow - Formal Vandal

Max

I got two days of peace before we got a call saying that I was wanted to do an interview regarding mine and the boy's 'miraculous disappearance' into the Bremin forest. I immediately did not want to do it at all. I hate public speaking; my hands get shaky and I stutter like I'm drunk.

But this morning my Aunt Mel barged into my room while I was trying to sleep holding a large makeup kit and a wide smile. I also hate morning people.

"Max? Why are you not up yet? You've got the interview today." She said in concern setting her large bag on my desk. I groaned and blindly reached for my phone that always sat plugged in and sitting on the shelf I had that was apart of my headboard. After pressing the lock button the time flashed on my screen.

"Mel," I whined rubbing my face. "The stupid thing doesn't start until 10 why are you waking me up at 7?" I closed my eyes and recovered myself with my blanket.

"This interview is going to be broadcasted across the country. So I being the fantastically favourite Aunt I am have decided to do your hair and makeup." Aunt Mel explained while pulling my blanket away.

"You're my only Aunt." I told her only opening one eye.

"So that automatically makes me the favourite now get up. I bought you something new to wear and I'm doing your hair." Aunt Mel ordered with authority placing a bag on my desk next to the kit before she shut the door again. I stared at me roof that I had painted to look like a galaxy with pinks, purples and blues all contrasting yet blending at the same time. I had used glow in the dark paint to make white stars.

With multiple groans and the cracking of several bones I was able to stand up and reach my desk finding a strapless white simple lacy dress. Letting out a sigh I run my hand through my clean vanilla scented hair. I had showered for an hour when we first got home and I've had a shower every night since. I changed into the dress and let Mel back in whilst I mentally prepared to be plucked and prodded by her.

/////////////////////////////////////

When  we pulled up to the police station felix was standing outside with his  mum who was smiling at him widely and inspecting him

When we pulled up to the police station felix was standing outside with his mum who was smiling at him widely and inspecting him.

"Well be inside Maxxie." Charlie told me pointing at Aunt Mel and my dad behind him who were closing the truck. I nodded and walk up to Felix.

"-We'll all be watching from the front row." Ms.Ferne was saying as I slowly got closer. "Oh Max, sweetie you look beautiful." She exclaimed after noticing me which also caused Felix to turn and smile widely at me.

"Thank you Ms.Ferne." I tell her pushing a loose curled strand of hair back behind my ear. Ms.Ferne left Felix and I with a giddy smile just as Andy, Sam and Jake walked up to us all three of them dressed up nicely.