1.13 Home

Third Person

"So, Police and Rescue have searched here, here, and here, where the caves are." Brian Bates leaned over the table and used a blue sharpie to cross out the areas on the map that he was talking about.

"Then let's look there again." Gary Riles said lifting his head tiredly.

"Well, we know for certain they were in there at some stage." Ken Ferne said solemnly.

"Right, well, let's move out in an ever-widening circle, ...from where the backpack was found." Gary Riles suggested.

"Andy's backpack." Micheal Lau corrected. "I'll bring caving equipment. We can re-search all the old mine shafts too." Mr. Conte offered.

"That's a good idea." Micheal voiced what the five men surrounding the table all thought.

"Look, I'll be the last searcher to leave this forest, but... It's been 11 days now." Brian Bates admitted sadly after a minute of silence.

"Andy was obsessed with that survivalist Bear, uh... Grylls. I'm sure he would have picked up salient information." Micheal says as the men begin gathering their backpacks.

"Sam knows a lot about surviving in the wilderness." Mr. Conte added. " And Felix. He's a tough kid and he's been through a lot." Ken Ferne agreed sadly.

"My baby sister is one of the toughest people I know. She's okay. They're all okay we just gotta find them." Charlie Delaware said as he fixed his jacket underneath the backpack.

"Now lets go do just that." Gary Riles said before the six men left the makeshift campsite they had made.

"Come on Zero, go find Maxxie." Charlie told the dog who was off leash. Zero barked happily before prancing into the forest.

//////////////////////

Max

"A wand and a mug?" Sam asked holding up the two objects and handing them to Jake who put them into the wicker bag that Phoebe was carrying.

"Chalice" I corrected from my place on the bunk bed Phoebe had banished me to for me to 'recover' faster. Phoebe nodded in agreement. "That too."

"But hang on, so, Felix did a magic spell which brought you to our world, but none of you were ever born?" Ellen tried to grasp.

"I know, it doesn't make any rational sense." Andy agrees

"It sounds pretty crazy." Mia admits.

"How do you think we know all those things about you... Like your crush on Robert Pattinson?" Sam said teasingly. I pretended to puke.

"He's mine." Ellen says sternly.

"Why would you want him?" I ask confused. Jake and Sam chuckle whilst Ellen asks me if I lost brain cells with the hit. "No, I just have standards." I say standing up. Phoebe glares at me and orders me to sit, throwing my hands up in surrender I do just that.

"What else do we need?" Andy asks Phoebe.

"Dried snake skins, bat wings, toad tongue, and sage and chilli powder." I stand up while Phoebe has her back turned and start helping the boys gather things.

"So, if this mad story really is true, why has Felix been kidnapped by a demon?" Ellen asks, she's starting to irritate me but I just bite my tongue and stand on a chair to grab the toad tongue in a jar off of the taller shelf. Disgusted I hand it to Jake to put in the bag that Andy was holding out.

"It's a restoring demon, meant to restore order by any means necessary." Andy explains. I stay on the chair looking at the things on the shelf to see if there's anything else.