Chapter 17

Melody's POV

I woke up once again in pain and delusional, but this time as soon as my eyes adjusted to the light I realised I was no longer in the damp, dreary dungeon. Instead my surroundings made me relax I was in the lab, Donnie's lab in the lair. I tried to sit up but my stomach told me otherwise as I winced in pain holding onto my wound,

''Lay down my child you are injured and need to rest'' said a calming voice as a gentle paw pushed my shoulder back onto the make shift bed. I looked up to master Splinters relieved face looking down to me.

''I am relieved you are back my child we were all so worried about you, especially Donatello he was distraught with worry. I am however proud of you, you protected my son and for that I thank you'' he spoke with small tears in his eyes, I smiled softly at him and slowly shook my head.

''Its okay sensei, I had to I love your son with my whole heart and I know he would have done the same for me if I were in that position'' he smiled at my words as he started to leave the room, talking about something like telling the others I was awake and well.  As he left I finally allowed myself to relax I was back home to those I love and those who care for me like a true family, I knew it was a close call with Karai back there and I knew that I could have died but I also knew protecting my boyfriend was my first priority no matter the risk, that was the silent vow I took as I feel in love with the braniac.

''Melody?'' I heard a soft voice whisper from the door, I knew who it was and smiled slightly,

''Hey, D-bear'' I said as loud as my weak voice would let me, which was barely more than a whisper but he must have heard me because he walked over to me with tears in his eyes, he sat down in the chair next to me and gently took my paw in his hand, I smiled at him and he broke down into tears.

''Melody, I thought... I thought I had lost you back there, I'm sorry I couldn't do anything for you myself I watched you get hurt and I... I...'' but before he could finish I pulled on the front of his plastron and pulled him into a kiss, he seemed surprised at first but kissed me back gently as not to hurt me. When we pulled back I also had small tears in my eyes but i continued to smile at him as he smiled back at me.

''What I did back there was a choice that I had made on my own accord, I knew there was a chance of me...  passing on but if there was even a slight chance that we would both get out of there alive, that was what I was counting on. I was fighting the whole time because I wanted to see you again, I wanted you to hold me, to kiss me and like I said before I will always love you Donatello'' I had whispered the last part and hearing that Donnie pulled me in for another gentle kiss which i returned the best I could.

After we pulled away we heard the door to the lab open slightly, Donnie waved in the other guys with a smile on his face, they came in and stood next to us, however Donnie never left my side once and i didn't want him to go anywhere.

''Melody are you okay?'' Leo asked in a concerned voice looking at the tight wrappings around my stomach I decided to have a bit of fun with them, I looked to Donnie with a glint in my eyes, he noticed as he nodded his head and smirked slightly so only I could see,

''Oh I dunno Leo I have been tortured for I don't know how many hours and impaled by a sword coming so close to death I thought I was already gone'' I snapped, I was trying so hard not to laugh and I could see Donnie was doing the same, as Leo, Raph and Mikey all flinch and tried to apologise. Eventually we couldn't take it and started to laugh, I winced in pain so I stopped laughing and just smirked at them instead.

''I was just teasing guys, i'm in a lot of pain sure but I'm not dead so I'll pull through it don't worry about me, like sensei said the worst has come to pass now all there is left, is to heal the body and soul'' I say showing them my signature bright smile, they all sighed in relief and started to laugh, we all bantered and had a laugh helping me to forget about my pain.

''Okay guys lets let her rest'' Leo said eventually as the guys started to file out of the room but before he could leave I grabbed Donnie's hand, he looked over at me slightly worried,

''What's wrong Mel?''

''I... I'm scared I know i'm safe here but I'm still scared. Will you... stay with me tonight?'' I ask him looking deep into his red eyes as they softened. He climbed under the covers with me and pulled me close to him gently, I snuggled up to him and closed my eyes.

This was where I belonged, in the arms of my boyfriend. We fell asleep together I knew that they guys and sensei were watching us, but I didn't care Donnie and I were back together and safe that's all that mattered.

Happy yey, okay I wrote it so I knew it would be happy but still. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. later ma Chika's! -E xxxxxxxxxxxx