Chapter 2

Donnie's POV

As we were all running through the twisting tunnels of the sewers all I could feel was the heat of the girl I was holding in my arms (bridal style) slowly drain away, she was getting colder, I started to panic as we started to run faster.

What is wrong with me? This girl is slowly having her energy drain from her, basically she is slowly dying and my heart wont stop racing, I feel my body heat up drastically why, I have never felt like this before. Sure I used to haver a crush on April but I don't feel like that about her anymore since she made it blatantly clear that she wanted to be with Casey. Damn it Donnie stop I don't even know what I have to stop ahh.

After a short run we made it back to the lair, as soon as we made it in we all started shouting for master Splinter as I ran to my room and I placed the girl gently on the spare bed that was opposite from my own, she was starting to toss and turn as if she was in dire pain, freaking out I ran out to the main area where master Splinter was trying to calm us all down.

''My sons please speak one at time please I cannot understand a word when all four of you are shouting over each other'' master Splinter said as we all quietened down we told him everything we saw, master Splinter hurried to my room.

                                                                        after about 50 minuets

''Hes been in there for almost an hour now, Mikey I'm worried what if she, what if she's........'' as I said this I felt myself start to panic my younger brother looked at me and placed his hand on my shoulder,

''bro, chill she's gonna be alright did you see how long she held out against Karai, whilst at her best even Leo cant hold out for that long and he's the best out of all four of us. Trust me bro everything's gonna turn out just fine'' I looked up at him, he was smiling slightly at me I forced myself to smile back at him.

Master Splinter walked over to where me and Mikey were sitting in my lab, I stood up instantly,

''sensei! How is she? Can I see her?'' I said walking over to our rat master,

''calm yourself Donatello she will be fine she just needs to rest you may go and see her but only when you are going to bed yourself'' I sighed with relief and smiled back at Mikey my gap in my teeth showing clear, showing how happy I was I don't know why I was this happy, yeah I'm happy this girl didn't die at the hands of our enemies but it felt more than that and I just couldn't put my finger on it.

''in my room I sat next to her bed and stared down at her peaceful face as she slept, she was beautiful I thought then I snapped out of it ,

''no Donnie stop'' I shook my head and walked across the room to my bed I looked over and smiled and the sleeping girl before closing my eyes and allowing the comforting darkness to consume my senses.