Chapter 40: A Surprise

AN: Originally I made a mistake and accidentally published the same chapter twice. this is the real chapter 40. Please enjoy. Sorry for the confusion.

Xxxxxxxxx

Back at camp, Bonnie and Serena were getting ready to go shopping. Everyone else had gone to see Ash, Iris, and Clements's gym battle at the Celadon City gym.

"Do you think we should stop by the hospital? We are going to be on that side of town", said Bonnie. "I am worried about them".

"De de ne ne", said Dedenne.

"I think we should wait until they invite us personally", Serena replied.

The two of them let their Pokémon out of their Pokeballs once they got into town.

"Ju jooo Julip!" Jerry exclaimed as he pointed across the street. Lucy and Meowth were walking back to their camp.

"Hey you two!" Serena yelled.

She waved her hands to get their attention. Bonnie, Braixen, Dedenne, and Jerry joined in. Lucy and Meowth walked over to them.

"Did you already see Jessie and James?" Serena asked.

"Yup", said Lucy.

"Are they alright?" Bonnie questioned.

"Dere just great. Dey said dat dey need to stay dere for a few days and if yous wanna visit yous can", said Meowth.

"Um..ok", said Serena. She still didn't understand what was going on. "How is Jessie feeling? She seemed pretty scared last night".

"Dere good", said Meowth.

"Trust us. They are going to be fine", Lucy added.

"So where did all dem other twerps go?" asked Meowth. "Are dey back at camp?"

"No. Everyone else went to watch Ash, Clement, and Iris earn the Rainbow badge at the Celadon City gym. We were just going to shop for the next few hours".

"Weeze are gonna go back to camp. I wanna get ready to battle at the Celadon Gym too", said Meowth.

Lucy and Meowth headed back to camp where Meowth they spent the next few hours practicing with Jason and Magneton. When Ash and friends returned, they got ready to prepare dinner.

"It was Jessie, James, and Meowth's turn to cook", said Cilan.

"May and I can take over", said Drew.

"I can chip in too", said Serena.

Iris sat talking to Lucy while she combed her long hair.

"So how long did they say they were going to be there?" Iris asked.

"They said a few days, but I think it will be longer than that. They said if you want to know what's going on you can come visit them I'm just saying that they have a lot of explaining to do", said Lucy. "But don't worry. I think everything is going to be okay".

After eating, Iris talked to everyone and they agreed to go visit them. Visiting hours didn't close until ten, so they still had three hours. When they got there, Misty went up to the man sitting at the receptionist's desk. Meanwhile, Lucy and Meowth headed to the Celadon City gym.

"We all are here to visit Jessie Tonaka and James Morgan", said Misty.

"All of you?" he asked in a surprised tone.

"That's right", said Max.

"Okay, you wait here, I will let them know that you have arrived", the man said as he left the lobby.