Zombie

"Keep running, Arthur!"

"What do you think I am doing, you bloody fool!?" Arthur dodged stretching, rotting hands. "If anything, you should keep running, fatass!"

Alfred rolled his eyes, but continued searching for a safe place. "Arthur, go into that apartment building!"

"Are you fucking stupi- ah!" Arthur tripped over a crawling body and slammed onto the asphalt. The dead instantly headed for him.

The American gasped and bolted over. "Shit, Arthur!" Alfred swung his bat, knocking three dead walkers over, then yanked Arthur to his feet. "Watch out! Apartments!" Arthur nodded, now entirely panicked, and ran alongside Alfred. Arthur followed Alfred into the building and up the stairs. Arthur dodged the bodies Alfred hit with his bat. Once they reached the top floor, Alfred stopped and reached behind him. "Arthur... Your gun..."

"What..? Oh!" Arthur pat where he shoved his gun, then froze. "Oh... Al... Alfred... I dropped it..."

Alfred whipped his head around, he eyes wide. "What!? Arthur-" Alfred jerked his arm back as rotting hands grabbed him. "Shit!" He swung his bat and killed the dead beast before shoving Arthur back down the stairs. "Run run run run run!"

Arthur bolted down the stairs as quickly as he could then out into the flooded street. "Where now!?"

Alfred whipped his head around, then grabbed Arthur's hand. "Neighborhood!"

"As if that's less overrun than an apartment complex, you yank!" However, Arthur still followed Alfred towards the nearby neighborhood.

Suddenly, Alfred shouted and released Arthur's hand. "Alfred!"

"Go, keep running!" Alfred kicked off his dead attacker and swung at another. He turned an saw Arthur still standing. "GO!"

The Brit jumped, then bolted off in the opposite direction, tears in his eyes. He dodged the rot and tried ignoring Alfred screaming at the zombies. The sky was darkening, meaning they wouldn't get back to their group tonight. Arthur ran up a random driveway and threw open the door. He slammed it shut and locked it, then screamed when something rubbed against his leg. He grabbed the nearest thing for a weapon and raised it above his head. He then relaxed when the little creature meow'd.

"Hello, there." He bent down and picked up the small cat. "Are you alone?" Arthur started wondering around the house, and locked the back door, just in case. "I guess you are. What have you been living off of? Mice?" The white and orange cat meow'd again, and rubbed its head against Arthur's shoulder.

Cautiously, Arthur approached the window beside the front door and peered out the curtains. The dead smothered the streets and yards, searching for more flesh to tear. Arthur slapped his hand over his mouth before a sob could break through. He rushed up the stair case and shut a door behind him. "Let's... Let's stay in here tonight.... We'll look for Alfred tomorrow. Surely he found someplace safe. But I don't think he will make it through such a crowd."

Shakily, Arthur curled up on the bed, the cat laying in Arthur's arms. "I need to find Alfred. I'll die if I don't..."

~

Arthur gasped and jolted awake. He looked around the room. The cat was scratching at the door, meowing.

Arthur attempted to relax as he slid out of the bed. "What is it?" As Arthur neared, the cat stopped and looked up at Arthur. Arthur felt a chill shoot up his spine as he heard lagging footsteps thump down the hall closer to the door. Arthur scurried over and locked the door. He then grabbed the cat and steps backwards. The cat meows and Arthur hushes it.

The steps stop and the nobs jiggles. Arthur holds his breath.

"Hello? I know someone is in here. I heard you." The voice was raspy, but quiet. "The, uh, the window in the bathroom was open, so I climbed in. I hope you don't mind. It's the middle of the night, I lost my friend, and I need to rest. I swear I wasn't bit or scratched."

Arthur breathed out and sat on the edge of the bed. "Swear it?"

"Swear."

The Brit nodded. "Alright... What is your name?"

The man on the other side of the door chuckled. "Alfred."

Arthur released the cat and froze up. "What...?" Arthur stood, then ran to the door. "You bloody asshole!" Arthur fumbled with the lock before throwing the door open, tears in his eyes. "I thought you died!" The Brit threw his arms around Alfred, momentarily shocking the American.

Alfred then laughed, and squeezed Arthur. "Lucky me! I could have chose the house across the street! Wait... Are you crying?"

Arthur shook his head, but still sobbed. "Y-you jerk... I th-thought you died... I hate you... I hate you so much..."

"Hey, Arthur..." Alfred pulled back to look Arthur in the eye. He cupped Arthur's cheeks and wiped away the tears with his thumbs. "I'm sorry. I hadn't meant to make you cry. But I'm not bit or scratched, and I made it back to you. We'll rest up tonight and head back to the group first thing in the morning." Arthur nodded, staring up into Alfred's sky blue eyes. "Alright."

As Alfred straightened up, Arthur snatched the collar of his jacket and yanked him back down. Alfred's eyes widened as their mouths connected. Arthur released Alfred's collar, then kept them connected by grasping Alfred's hair.

Alfred eased into Arthur's kiss, placing his hands on Arthur's hips to draw them closer together.

"If you... Ever scare me like that again..." Arthur looked up, catching his breath from the kiss. "I will kill you."

Alfred laughing, tugging Arthur back into a hug. "I know you would.