Chapter 36 - Subs Plotting...

Start from the beginning

"I'll be serious, Master Aaron! I promise I won't disappoint you!" I blurt out with sincerity.

"So you're really interested?"

"Yes, definitely! I just think I should talk to Mark first..." I insist because I don't want to get into further trouble.

"Of course, you should! Listen, I'll speak with him too. After nearly 25 years around him, I know how to handle the beast..." he chuckles, winking at me. "And if he's being difficult, we'll find a way to make him change his mind. Now, a few details. Regarding your schedule... To keep your Saturday evenings off, you'll work on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays, from 4pm to midnight. You'll be working in pairs with Layne on week nights, and there are two other guys, Tod and Nyles, who also work on weekends, but you'll discover this in time. I might occasionally ask you to do extra hours when it gets really busy or when there are too many deliveries, and of course, you'll be paid in accordance. How does that sound?"

"It sounds perfect, Master Aaron! Can I go and tell Mark, now?" I say as I rise to my feet.

"Sure, but take it easy with him. All things considered, perhaps we should discuss it together with him, don't you think?"

"I'm sure I can convince him, Master Aaron, no worries. Mark will certainly understand!" I reply with conviction.

"Alright, Buddy. By the way, you'd start tonight!"

"Oh, so soon?" I ask, sitting back down on my chair. "Doesn't the guy I'm going to replace have some sort of notice?"

"He would if he had resigned, but Paxton was fired, and I don't want him to do his notice," he replies dryly, though I know it's not against me. "So, are you okay to start tonight?"

"Sure!"

As I stand up and head for the door, I can't help wondering what happened with Paxton. I don't have time to dwell on this though as I nearly bump into Mark and Alex. Sadly, I'm afraid I don't do things right again as I bluntly tell him about the great news. Well, it's great news to me, but if I judge by the way his body tenses as I wrap my arms around his waist, he doesn't like it at all.

Shit! I should have followed Master Aaron's advice and take it easy by pulling Mark aside and announce his friend's offer more quietly.

"What the heck are you talking about?" he says sternly, gently pushing me back.

His eyes are flicking between the Master Dom and me, throwing daggers at the first one, but obviously not very pleased with me either.

"Shannon," Master Aaron sighs. "You'll have to review the definition of subtleness. Go get ready, I'll deal with this."

"What do you mean you're going to deal with this, Ron?" Mark grunts as he grabs a hold of my arm.

"Mark, just let him go to work!" his friend replies firmly. "Now let's go finalize Alex's membership, and then I'll tell you."

"You and I will need to talk tonight," Mark warns me with a meaningful look before he leans down and pecks my lips. "I'll pick you up after work."

"Okay... I'll see you tonight, Master," I mumble. "Congrats again, Alex! I'll see you soon!" I then whisper in my friend's ear while I hug him briefly.

Poor boy seems scared by what just happened, so I give him a bright smile and a wink, then start for the Subs' room. I wasn't supposed to work that late tonight since the Black Moon is closed, and I don't even have a proper outfit since I was only going to do tidying in the stockroom, so I hope Master Aaron has some spare clothes for me because I can't really work at the Diamond in jeans.