26. |

// Chris' point of view //

I'm trying not to stay angry at Ethan and Jakob. I completely understand why they didn't tell me so I don't get why I'm still annoyed. The feeling will probably pass over anyway, as long as Ethan sticks to his word. If they shut me out again, I think I might explode. I already feel alone as it is. Today we are filming a special episode of The In Stereo Show for Jakob's birthday two days ago. We always upload our videos on Fridays and we were lazy filming, so we're going to pretend it was filmed on Wednesday. Welcome to the real In Stereo!

"Can you just hurry up and turn the god damn thing on, Ethan?" Jakob mutters, obviously uncomfortable leaning against the brick wall.

"Well, you could always help!" Ethan replies. I'm pretty sure this isn't a real argument and that they're just playing, but it sets a weird tone in the air.

"For fucks sake," I decide I should just do it. I stand up and walk over to the camera, turning it on and walking back over. "There, done."

"Hello and welcome to the In Stereo Show!" I announce to the camera.

"Today we are celebrating a very special day," Ethan continues, gesturing to Jake who's sitting in the middle of us, obviously trying to look happy. He didn't want to do this. "Jakob's birthday!"

"We asked you guys to send in some questions for Jake and we're going to sit back and laugh as he answers them." I say.

Ethan pulls out his phone as Jakob mutters a small 'uh oh'. I hope that comes out well on the sound. Ethan laughs as he finds the first question, starting to talk but cutting himself off by laughing.

"What's the funniest birthday memory you have?" He finally spits out. I start laughing in embarrassment. I know what he's going to say.

"Oh god, now I know why he's laughing," Jakob starts, holding back laugher himself. "Last year we went camping in the Riverland for my birthday. Chris tried to wake me up in the morning by scaring me. It was all going well until he didn't realise I wasn't even in the tent. I came up behind him and asked what he was doing. He got so scared he fell into the river."

"Can I just say that while Jakob was too busy laughing his head off, I had so drag Chris out of the mud and give him a pair of my pants because he had no more spares." Ethan adds.

"Alright, next question!" I say announce way too quickly. "Thanks guys."

"You're welcome, Chris." Jakob mutters smugly.

"What's the best birthday present you've ever received?"

"Well, when I was six, my Mum bought me tickets to this soccer game I really wanted to go to." He answers.

"Really?" I ask.

"No tickets to Disneyland or massive stuffed toys?" Ethan continues on from where I ended.

"Nope, I just really liked soccer. It was the best game I have ever been to." Jakob insists.

"How many games have you been to?" Ethan asks.

"One." Jakob just smiles a closed lip smile at the camera, not breaking character.

"You're so weird," Ethan laughs, looking back down at his phone. "What year was your favourite birthday?"

"This year. I got more than I could ever ask for and I spent it with everyone I love." Jakob replies without hesitation. I can't help but smile as I look over to Ethan.

"Aw, that's cute." He says, looking back down at his phone.

"Yep, that's pretty cute."

We announce updates for our show in Melbourne, stating that it's only a few weeks away and that we can't wait. Jakob messes up his words a couple of times, Ethan makes stupid jokes and I end up doing most of the important stuff. You know, the usual. Eventually it's time to finish recording.

"So that's it for this weeks show." Ethan says.

"Thank you for all the birthday wishes. I really appreciate it." Jakob continues.

"We'll see you all next week." I finish.

I get up and turn off the camera, starting to disassemble my tripod. Ethan helps me fold it into the bag, Jakob taking the camera while we zip it up. I feel something drop to the ground and realise it's my phone. I'm still busy with the tripod, so I can't pick it up. Jakob does though. Ethan decides that he's not being much help and walks away after Jake.

By the time I turn around, Jakob and Ethan are spamming my phone with selfies. Honestly, it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. When Jakob turns to kiss Ethan, taking a photo, I don't mind. And even when Ethan turns and kisses his lips, taking a photo, I don't mind. Is it really this easy to tolerate their cute relationship? Apparently so. We're in an alleyway near the beach and I look to see the sun beginning to set. Ethan and Jakob's giggling echoes off the brick walls from the few metres they're standing away from me. I look to see Ethan's arms around Jakob's neck, Jakob's around Ethan's waist. My phone is in Jakob's hand so I quickly walk over and grab it. Sighing, I decide I can't miss the tumblr moment. With the sunset in the background and Jakob and Ethan kissing, I take a photo.

After dark, we return home. Jakob goes straight up to bed claiming he didn't sleep last night but Ethan stays downstairs, sitting on a barstool as he watches me pour myself a glass of juice.

"Do you want one?" I offer, not sure why he's just staring at me or even why he's staying with me if Jake's upstairs.

"Nope, I'm good," he replies. "Want to watch a movie?"

"That sounds good." I reply. I can't help but feel happy that he's now going out of his way to spend time with me.

"Why don't you go pick it and I'll make us some food?" Ethan suggests.

"Alrighty then."

I walk into the lounge room and find the remote, flicking on the TV. I start searching through movies, unsure as to what I feel like watching. It can't be horror because Ethan doesn't like horror, but I hate romance. You can never go wrong with Comedy though, right? This is a struggle. Eventually I settle on Interstellar. It's not comedy but at least it's something. The title screen comes up just as Ethan walks in, throwing his phone down on the couch as he walks around. I notice there's a new message on his screen and quickly read it while he's not looking.

Jakob: are you coming up?

My heart sinks. I pretend I didn't see as Ethan sits down, picking up his phone. He looks at his screen and unlocks it, hesitating before typing a reply. Then he turns off his phone, nodding at me to press play.