Parent Series - 4 A.M Feedings

Harry: The baby was awake again and though you were exhausted you had to give him what he needed. This was the only thing Harry couldn't do for you. He couldn't breast feed your child so you can sleep. You held the baby to your chest as you rocked in the chair. Your head was back against the frame of the chair and Harry rubbed your sons head.

"You know one night this week you can get out the breast pump and put some milk away for him. I'll feed him and you can sleep"

"No it's alright I don't mind" you yawn again then look down at (Y/S/N) to see him mouth no longer moving against your chest and he is sleeping. You pull him up cautiously to your shoulder and tap his butt so you can burp him. Soon you hear the small quiet burp and you hand him to Harry.

"Yeah you're all done, now mum can sleep." He coos "believe me if I could do this part for her I would" he tells your child before laying him down. He covers him and puts the pacifier neat his head before you put your shirt back on correctly and going back to your room.

Liam: You hold the bottle up for your baby girl while she drinks the milk down. Since she is only a month or so old she still doesn't drink the whole bottle. Only about half way until she is ready to be burped and put down to sleep.

"Why do you have to be awake at four A-M every morning" you giggle lightly. She just stares at you with wide eyes. "You're so adorable but I wish you would be hungry at a nicer hour" you take the bottle from her lips and hold it up to see how much she drank. Only a few more ounces left until you have to burp her.

"But honestly as long as you're happy I won't mind getting up." You put the bottle to her lips but she rejects it. You try a few more times for her only to turn away. So you stand up and put her to your shoulder and pat her back a few more times. She lets out a big burp before you giggle. "There you go baby girl" you debate on whether you want to put her in her crib or in the bed with you.

"come on let's go get in bed with daddy" you hold her to your chest and walk back to your room

Louis: Louis stood up with a tired yawn and traveled over to the bassinet where (Y/S/N) was laying. He picked him up carefully and took him downstairs to the kitchen. He prepared the bottle just how you showed him and put it in the boiling water to be heated.

After about a minute Louis takes the bottle out and tests it on his skin then gives it to the baby. He feeds him and bounces him gently.

"You my boy are gonna grow up and be the best little boy the world has to offer okay?" He smiles "your mother takes so much pride in you and so do I but your mum, gosh, I think she loves you more than me" he laughs which makes the baby smile. He takes the bottle and checks it before putting it back in his mouth. "You will always be her pride my boy. And I love you too okay" he nods and he looks in the (Y/S/N)'s eyes and he feels like he understands him.

Niall: He groggily stands from the bed and sighs. Having a child is way harder than he prepared for. He knew that it would take a lot of work. But he didn't realise that it would take this much work.

He stood up and went to (Y/S/N)'s room and picked him up. He laid him against his shoulder and took him downstairs to the kitchen and turned on the stove. He bounced him as he waited to the water to heat up. Soon he placed the bottle in the pan. After a minutes or two he took the bottle and tested it on his hand. He licks his hand to get the liquid off and makes a face.

"God no wonder kids are eager to eat solid foods this shit sucks" he complains before putting the bottle in his sons mouth.

Zayn: He tried to give her the bottle of formula but she refuses to drink it  she was on breast milk not formula. He couldnt get her to drink it and when she just kept crying he started to get upset. He started to cry himself.

"What kind of a father am I? I can't even feed my own baby! And I already missed so much of her life" he cries and you yawn as you come downstairs and take her from him. You start to feed her and with your free hand you rub Zayn's head.

"Its okay Zayn"

"No its not"

"Zayn she doesn't drink formula, she drinks my milk, that's why she wouldn't eat" he looks up at you and sees her eating, he sighs and starts to cry again. He leans his head against your stomach and just cries.

"Its okay babe you'll get the hang of it" you rub his head.