Chapter 26: Attacked

After running through the debris I make it into the inside of the field. The truck left an opening for me to climb over and the site is horrifying. The streets are lined with crimson liquid as the people of Alexandria lay dead on the ground. I scan quickly looking for anyone to help. I find a man begging for his life on his knee's but someone in ragged old clothes covered in dirt, grime, and blood raises an ax to the air and slams it down hard into his shoulder. The scream pierces my body as if it's in my ear and he falls to the ground in excruciating pain. I run forward, gripping my knife tightly but by the time I reach him the ax already hit him in the head and he's dead. As the murderer tries to pull his knife from the man's skull I jump on top of his back and stab him in the chest. He retracts in shock and we fall to the ground. His body lay on top of me, pinning me down but he moves quickly trying to remove the knife from his body.

"Bitch!" I hear him yell out loud. I grab the other knife from my pocket and slice it down his leg, tearing skin as it slides down. He screams in agony, but it doesn't compare to the scream he made the man lying next to me emit. He swings around to attack me but I'm still on the ground and he misses. As his body passes me I take the moment to push at his legs and he falls to the ground. I reach forward for the ax, wanting to get something bigger to defend myself with but he reacts quickly this time and pulls my leg when I'm turned. I fall forward into the asphalt and land hard on my hands. I still try and reach for the ax but my body is pulled farther away from it "you'll pay for this, bitch" he mumbles as the rocks scrape into me through my clothes. I kick at his face and I must have used enough force that he let go. I inch away to escape but he's fast and gets a hold of my leg again. This time he expects my escape attempts and keeps his grip stronger. He lifts the knife up that I jabbed into his chest above his head but before he could even swing it down over my heart a shot goes off. The knife falls to the ground next to me and the mans eyes are wide. Through his stained clothes I see blood pooling and he falls to the ground sideways. As I go to stand over him, he passes away. I look up to where the shots came from and see Spencer from a far. The rifle we used earlier is over his shoulder and he is looking over at me. I give him a quick nod and make my way further into town to find more people to help.

I get a few steps in when another gun shot goes off. This one is not the same as the last but I look over to Spencer anyway. His body is turned away from the town but his head is searching for the location too. I quickly continue to scan as I pace ahead and finally see Carol off to the side. She is hovering over a body and putting dirt and blood on her clothes. I try not to stare but her actions are confusing me "Carol?!" I shout out to her.

She looks up and meets my eyes for a moment before returning for one more swipe of dirt. She quickly places a W on her head and then puts that finger to her lips telling me to stay quiet. What she was doing suddenly hits me and I nod in agreement. She's pretending to be one of them to get close enough to kill them. Two more gun shots go off by now and I know the town is reacting. It feels like hours has passed since the attack started but I know it's only been minutes. I decide to do what Carol has done and cover myself in their clothing. I move forward looking for another evil person to steal garments from. As I move silently on the side of a house I hear a woman panting. No words are coming out but I know labored breaths when I hear them. I peak over the side of the house and find her on the ground. She's holding herself in a ball position and I can't tell what's wrong. "What's wrong? Let me help you!" I say to her as I get closer. She looks at me with fear in her brown eyes but doesn't say anything in return. "please, let me help you" I reach my hand out. She goes to tell me something but can't speak and instead lifts her hand up. I notice then that her stomach is sliced open and she's huddled together to keep her insides from coming out. I do everything I can to hide my disgust and fear and lean down next to her "you're going to be okay" I say taking her hand. But when I take her hand she pushes it away quickly. She reaches it past me now, her finger trembling as she points and her face registers more fear then before. I stand up quickly to turn around when the barrel of a gun knocks me in the eye and I fall backwards over the woman I was just trying to help.

I try and get up quickly but my head is spinning again, worse now with additional damage done. I feel a pair of damp large hands wrap around my arms and lift me up into the air and on my feet. I try to stand but I'm still dizzy from the hit that I stumble back down. The man's arms catch me and force me up again. Something cold wraps around my neck and I open my eyes quickly. My hands instinctively go to my neck where a chain holds it there. While I am grasping at it to get it off of me, two chain links are now on my wrists. The chains attached to them fall to the ground and a mans laugh hits me. "Hello, Darling!" A man with wicked yellow teeth and a nasty face scar says to me when my eyes meet his. I don't look at him long and let my gaze fall to the woman in front of me now. Her eyes are opened wide in fear but her breathing is stopped. Her neck is slit open and I can't help but feel responsible for the tragedy of her death.

"Let me go!" I spit at the man who's now forcing me to look at him with his hand wrapped around my chin keeping it forward in his direction.

"Ohh. I love the one's who put up a fight!" He comments back with a snarl. I go to knee him in the groin but he blocks my attack and instead punches me in the face and knees me in the gut, knocking the wind from my lungs. I keel forward to breath but he pulls the chains with him as he moves away from the corner of the yard. "You'll see it our way soon enough." He says forcing me forward behind him. I continue to cough trying to get my breath back. Before we can reach the road towards the exit Morgan is standing in front of us with his stick. I've talked to him once about his views on life and I know he will try and reason with the man.

His eyes bore into the man holding me by chains in a defensive stance "you have something that doesn't belong to you" Morgan's voice is low and serious.

"This old whore?" the man gestures towards me with a hard tug. I fall to the ground on my knees as he tightens the chains.

Morgan tenses up "let her go" He demands.

"You gonna' kill me with that thing?" The man asks with a condescending laugh.

Morgan replies instantly "no one else is going to die" He simply says.

"Everyone dies" the man retorts angrily. He moves his free hand to his waste for his weapon but Morgan quickly defers him with a hit to the hand. Before the man could try again though he is attacked from the side but deflects the attack and knocks the man on the ground. A woman runs towards him but he is able to get her to the ground with minimal effort. The three of them try a few other ways to render Morgan of his weapon but he successfully deflects each one.

"The gun shots are slowing, your people are dying off. Go now before they kill you too!" Morgan says to them. None of them move. "GO!" he demands with a desperate yell. The 2 who joined in to help the man holding me captive look to him for advice. He stands there momentarily thinking of options and lets go of the chains he is holding me with. He raises his hands as if he is surrendering while walking past him. As soon as he's past him they all turn and run towards the exit.

"You're letting them go!?" I scream at him while trying to remove the chains from my wrists. He ignores me there on the ground and walks away. I roll my eyes at his stupidity and continue to try and get the chain off of my wrists and neck.

__

Morgan, Morgan, Morgan.. tsk tsk tsk. What are your thoughts, comments, concerns..?

Q: Would you stop watching TWD if they killed off your fave character?

A: At this point I say I would, but I don't know if I truly would follow through with that or not if it happened. Just hope Daryl stays till the end!