Chapter 24: Group Meeting

When we get back to Alexandria, Tara lets us in. She doesn't say a word to either of us as we thank her and just heads off towards the town. Spencer turns to me when we reach the post "well, gotta take the rest of the night shift.." he says as he begins his climb up to take watch.

"Hey, wait!" I call back to him. He turns his head but keeps his position on the first step. His eyes meet mine and he waits for whatever it was I called to him for "thanks for coming with me." I smile back "I was really annoyed at first but it was a good time." I tell him.

When I finish speaking he takes his foot back off the step and comes back over to where he was before "well, I'm glad I was good company" he says. When he's done he leans in closer and whispers to my ear "yanno, I might not be a good hunter, but I am a good time." he leans back out and winks at me before retreating back to the ladder to take his post. I stare at him oddly trying to figure out what he meant by that. I walk back to the house slowly, enjoying the breeze of the setting sun.

"Daryl back yet?" I ask Carol when I get into the kitchen where she is cooking.

She shakes her head with a sorry smile "your leg must be doing better" She says with a lingering smirk before leaving the room.

I puff out some air with frustration and go back upstairs. I decide to sleep in the room one more night before bringing my things back down and sleeping with everyone else in the living room. I pick up the book I've started to read and open up to chapter 7. It's the story of a man once powerful and envied who falls from power only to be enslaved by his own brother. It's not something I would have normally chosen to read but it was the only book in the room when I was injured. Daryl must have been reading it when I was unconscious to pass the time and left it behind.

I jolt upwards frightened and my head turns to the door, in the frame of the door is Maggie "you were screaming." she says apologetically.

"I'm sorry. I guess my night terrors are back" I reply telling her. She smiles sympathetically back to me and goes to leave. She stops though and I wait for what she wants to say.

"Yanno, you're screaming out for someone." she hesitates telling me this.

"I am?" I ask. I've been told I'm usually screaming at someone, for someone to get away from me. "who?" I ask wanting to know.

"You're screaming for Daryl" She returns softly.

"Oh" I say embarrassed at the realization.

She stays in her spot shifting her weight onto the other foot debating on saying more. "It's weird" she says coming into the room now and sitting on the end of the bed, her eyes tired with keeping something in. I tilt my head and squint at her waiting for her to elaborate. "Daryl hasn't left your side since he brought you back injured. No matter what was going on, he was right here." she says while nodding in the direction of the chair "and then he just goes off on a random run once you start getting better" she notes with a shake of the head.

"Random?" I ask. He told me they needed some supplies, that's not random.

She nods back to me while reading my confused expression "some others just got back from a run the day before he left. We weren't planning to go on another for another week or so" she tells me.

"That is weird" I say back unsure of what else to say at the information she just told me. Why would he tell me he needed to go on a run when others just went? Maybe he wanted to get away from me, maybe I've become a burden to him. "Thanks for waking me" I thank her, changing the subject. "Wish I could control it, yanno." I say about the night terrors.

"It's not a problem" She smirks "I had a few of my own once Glenn & I got real serious" she tells me. I look at her with a tilt to my head "not that you and Daryl are serious, just meant when I was worried about him, that's all." she says, her country accent coming out more as she spoke fast with nervousness.

Silent warrior: A Daryl Dixon Fan fictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें