Mingyu Imagine

You love the sound of the wheels under the board as you skate down the sidewalk. Your jet black, chin-length hair flapped behind to the breeze. The feeling of managing to land a trick after a high flip while cruising fast was beyond anything. Freedom, Expression, Creativity. It feels right. People would curse mad at you as you swoop by them without warning. You would just laugh cheekily while sticking your tongue out.

As if having completed a deeply, personally needed action, you sighed in satisfaction and stopped by a handsome fast-food place—The place you go to almost everyday. There's something in this chicken shop that makes you come back. You lifted the skateboard and tucked it between your arm before grabbing the metal bar and pushing the door open. The chime announcing your entrance.

Each table was a huddle of people raising their voices to be heard, a cacophony of loud chatter. The place would always be packed with people, mostly women. You'll spend fifteen minutes of your time to look for an unoccupied table. For some reasons, the table near the counter will always be vacant. But today everyone seemed to have enjoyed their beds and slept in. It was empty. Were you too early?

You shrugged your shoulders and swayed your arms as you sat at the best seat, near the ac and the window. The view of a busy morning, where the sun shone with the mixture of orange and velvet. It's so aesthetic, you wished you had a camera with you.

"The usual, right?" You raised your head to see where that deep, manly voice came from. He casted a blinding smile—His fangs freed from the caging of his soft lips. That's right, the reason why you never stopped coming.

"Yes, and a bottle of water please." you looked at his name plate at the side of his shirt.

MINGYU ; written in white, printed letters above the black background. Below were the words— Owner, Manager.

As soon as he wrote it down, Mingyu gave you a table number stand and exited to the kitchen. You fixed yourself a little; removing your plaid jacket and tying it over your tattered shorts, leaving you in your tank top that was too big for your size.

Few moments later, Mingyu came heading to your direction with a flustered expression. Too soon for your order to cook.

"I'm sorry but we're out of stock. The order haven't arrived yet. We apologize for the inconvenience." he rubbed his hands together as he talk nervously, "Would you like to order a different one?"

"No." the frown in his face didn't disappear, "I'll wait for it, I'm not in a hurry. I have nothing to do after this so it's alright."
Somehow his expression softened with relief but he still wasn't convinced, "Are you sure?"
"Yes, I'll just have the water in advance."
"O-Of course!" he immediately ran inside and came back with a pitcher of iced tea and a bottle of water—all placed on top of a black metal tray.

"Thank you for your patience." Once again Mingyu flashed his canine smile, his cheeks were undeniably turning pink as he looks straight into your eyes.

"But I didn't--"

"It's on the house." he cut off. Mingyu tilted his head and raised his finger over his lips before laughing, "Keep it a secret."

"Thanks." you said, lowering your voice but making sure it was audible.

You thought he was going to leave but he didn't. Instead, he stood there biting his lips, eyes alternatively gazing at you and some part of the shop. As if he was searching for some words. Again, he was rubbing his hands together. You noticed two of the employees peeking through the window of the kitchen door. One who has blonde hair falling in front of his slanted eyes and the other who has a bright smile, a mole sat on his left cheekbone. Both sending thumbs up and cheering for their boss.

Mingyu seemed to be responding by nodding and smiling to them like a nervous high school kid getting love-advice from his friends. He's so adorable, you could actually tell that he's still inexperienced.

"Is there something you want to ask me?" you asked.

"Why are you always eating alone?" he bit his lips and crisscrossed his arms, "N-not that I'm-- I mean--"
"I go straight here after practice, this is where I always eat my breakfast." He nodded his head, diverting his gaze towards his employees who's telling him to keep going with out-of-this-world hand gestures.

"So how's our food here?" Mingyu was playing with his hands, avoiding eye-contact with you at all cost. His feet was crazy tapping, you could feel the disturbance on the ground. He was desperate to open a topic after another, not letting the conversation die down.

"I love it here!" his expression brightened, "I can eat my three meals here, without getting tired of the taste."
"Don't compliment us too much." he said in a sexy growl. For the first time, he sound provocative but it disappeared as soon as it showed.

"Is it hard to ride it?" his eyes landed on your skateboard which was sitting next to you like a person.
"Not really, once you got the hang of it'll be as easy as riding a bike."

"So," you took a sip of your iced tea before continuing, "Are you this nervous in front of girls?"

He caught the sly smile on your lips. Cuing the nth time he blushed.
"I'm just kidding." you slapped an imaginary arm in the air, tilted back and laughed, "Why don't you take a sit, Mingyu."

Mingyu covered his name plate, as if it would've kept you from knowing his name, and hesitantly pulled the chair, taking the seat in front of you.

"Do you really want to have your own chicken shop? I mean you could've been a doctor or even an engineer."
"Yes." his answers are filtered and short, "I wanted to have my own restaurant."

"Is it hard?" you took another sip and rested your chin over your palm.
Mingyu's eyes fluttered, struggling to keep his eyes on yours. A tug of your lips made him sweat buckets and he'd quickly peel his gaze off, risking another glance after every word.

"Not really, I could say that it was at first but if you have patience and dedication hard work actually pays off. Pure happiness and relief comes next. It has ups and downs but I like my work. It's all my parents left me, I don't want to let them down." His tone had a pinch of sadness and satisfaction. You didn't expect him to open up such a sensitive topic. Somehow you felt like you invaded someone's privacy.

"Sorry to interrupt you two." Mingyu's employees broke the tension that filled the air, "You're food's ready." The two supporting actors came in with a tray containing your food. The guy who had blonde hair carefully placed the plate in front of yours. Hoshi, his name reminded you of the game; Mario Kart. The other stood there with his hands tied behind his back. Eyebrows wiggling at Mingyu. His name plate said, DK. Some workers he got here.

"So are you two going out yet?" they both asked.
Mingyu snapped and faced the two, "Hyung!"

"I'd love too." you replied, making the three gape their mouth open with an 'O'.
"R-Really?" Mingyu stuttered, "I was going to ask you but everytime I do, I get tongue-tied."
"Yeah, we can hang out."
"Y-You're free after this, right?" you nodded, "There's a carnival near the beach.. I was wondering.."
"We can go now, if you want."

Mingyu turned to Dk and Hoshi, the two nodded their heads in approvement, their hands making a shooing motion.
"Go on, boss. We'll take care of everything here." They pulled him off his apron and unpinned his name plate.

"H-How about your food?"
"Please wrap this for me." you pushed the plate after apologetically turning to Hoshi.
"No prob."

"A-Are you sure you're alright? I mean.. I-I can wait for you to finish eating. You haven't eaten breakfast do you?"
You folded your arms together and playfully smirked at him, "Jeez, I've never heard someone stutter adorably."
Like that kept him from blushing, he was  almost melting.

Hoshi came back with the chicken drumsticks packed in a white box, "That was fast, thanks!"

You pulled Mingyu by the arm, "Let's go Gyu! I can't wait to see the carnival!"

req ; @krixela18

Thank you for requesting! Don't forget to comment and vote. ☺

Check out my new book Photograph ≫Seventeen Joshua Fanfic!