~Chapter 6~

When the clock struck 2:17 pm, Sasuke, Sakura, and Madara were nearly done moving things onto the compound. After much quarrelling we decided that Id wait and have Sasuke help me move my things next instead of Kiba. Madara didn't seem to be as jealous of Sasuke but he was more tolerant of him. I decided to question this as Sasuke helped me move my things out. "Hey, why do you figure Madara trusted you to do this?" I asked him, effectively breaking the peaceful silence between us. Sasuke chuckled at me. "Could be because he knows I have a wife and child. Its mainly because he sees me as what I am, another Uchiha. By that logic, he'd avoid hatred and trust me to honor you two relationship." Sasuke said.

"But we aren't in a relationship! Speaking of hatred...what is the curse of hatred? I heard Kakashi mention something about it yesterday but I don't know what it means." I scrunched my eyebrows up in confusion. Sasuke thought about his answer and then spoke up. "The curse of hatred is a curse my clan suffers from. No other clan in all of history valued love as much as the Uchiha. We fall easily and become rather attached to someone we love. It may be a lover or a simple family member. If the object of our affection is taken away however, that's where the hatred kicks in. When this happens, we often stop at nothing to avenge them. Much like how I tried to destroy the leaf village after finding out Itachi's true life story. Another example is Obito Uchiha causing the war simply over the death of Rin. There are many other occurrences in our clan of this. You see, that's why it's important to be for Madara. He's grown attached to you in a period of three days and you truly are his. Loosing you can cause great damage that NO ONE will be able to escape this time. I'm afraid you've lost this war." Sasuke added a laugh to the end. I pouted and gave up. I didn't want to put the safety of the village in jeopardy just for the sake of being single. Thats it...I'm Madara's. I truly am his.

I sighed and shifted the weight of the boxes. "For the sake and safety of the village, I'll do this. I'm not sure it'll be OK but I guess I'll give my life away for someone I care nothing about." I admitted my failure. Sasuke chuckled at me before uttering foolish. "Ayno, you do care about him. I can see it in your eyes. The moment you realize that is the moment you'll be free. Then it won't feel like any sort of punishment or prison, it'll feel like you two belong together." He offered his advice to me. I actually realized that it was true in a way. Perhaps it was my destiny to become tangled up in the Uchiha clan such as this.

"Hey Sasuke, does this mean I'm an Uchiha now?" I asked with excitement. "Well you weren't born into our clan and you don't possess Sharingan. You're not married into the clan like Sakura but you've always been like a sister to me. Id say you're as Uchiha as a non Uchiha could be." Sasuke looked at me smiled widely. I returned the smile and we kept walking. When we reached the compound, the police tape had been cleared away. "There's so much space here. So many homes and businesses!" I shouted as we walked.

Sasuke and Sakura had decided to move into Sasuke's old home. Madara and I moved next door. "Thank you." I told Sasuke as he placed the box near the door. "No problem. I somehow knew I'd be back here one day. I just hoped it'd be a restoration of our clan. Thats happening slowly and if you two have children, they'll have the Sharingan no doubt." Sasuke stood up and walked to me. He towered over me and tapped my forehead. "Good luck cleaning and packing. I need to get to Sarada and Sakura." Sasuke waved behind himself and headed to his new (or should I say old home). Madara seemed to emerge from the shadows of upstairs. "Ah, you've returned. May I help in any way?" He went to kneel beside me and the boxes. I didn't get annoyed with him at that moment, I simply accepted my fate with a smile. "No, you don't need to. I can do it by myself. You look tired anyway so just rest up downstairs and I'll make you an afternoon snack." I offered him kindly. Madara opened his mouth a little and stared at me in speculation. I'm sure he was confused at my sudden kindness towards him. I let out a chuckle to let him know everything was OK. Even though it was meant as reassurance, it seemed to worry him more. He finally accepted things and decided to move to the living room to sit. I sighed and began setting things up. The Tv had to be set on the ground in the living room. There seemed to be no furniture in these houses which is why Madara was sitting on the ground in front of a low table. On top of that, they were lacking in outlets for telephones too. The leaf era of technology didn't truly reach the compounds because no one stepped foot in this sacred place except Sasuke.

After moving everything into place, I made a few finger sandwiches and a salad for us to enjoy together. The whole time we ate, Madara kept a speculative eye on me. I sighed and moved to sit on the side of the table next to him. I gently placed a free hand on top of his. Then I leaned so that my head was resting on his shoulder. He decided to finally speak against me. "Why are you doing this now? Are you sick?"

I looked up at him a smiled brightly. "Well I'm your woman aren't I?"