~Chapter 1~

A big fuss in the middle of the village and that's where it all began. Now, earlier this morning I had planned on relaxing or maybe sparring with Temari for a bit...

but it wasn't going to happen today.

"What the, Hey Shikamaru!" I stopped him from briskly walking to join the group of people ahead of us. "The hell is going on up here?" I furrowed my brows and waited for an answer. Shikamaru looked at me with seriousness. "Ayno, its Madara. He's somehow been reanimated again. Stand behind and follow me." Shikamaru had ordered me around. I nodded and did as he said. As we slowly approached, I saw him. It was as if a million flashbacks to the ninja war had started in my mind. Even I had nearly been killed by Madara while standing near Temari at one point. I witnessed the madness he unleashed on our soldiers with his skilled and tactful fighting style.

I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Kakashi sensei, our current Hokage. "Step back a bit Ayno. I will handle this." He reassured me and stepped forward just a little. "State your business here. Who created you? WHO brought you back Madara?" Kakashi demanded answers from the man standing just mere feet away. Madara stood there with a serious look.

A seriously bored look.

"Insolent Man, haven't you learned to speak to me with much more respect than that?" Madara glared at Kakashi for a bit. A voice in the crowd interrupted the conversation. "WAIT!" Everyone turned their attention to the much more gentle Orochimaru with a baby in his arms. After the war, he had decided to settle and become a peaceful man, but he still experimented from time to time. Because of this, Mitsuki (the baby in his arms) was created.

"It was me. I did it Kakashi...But everything that happened was a complete accident! Just an improper procedure in lab and I've created a new breed of reanimation jutsu." Orochimaru explained himself. Kakashi listened carefully before replying. "Well how do you get rid of him. He's already proven to be a danger to not just the village, but the whole world!" Kakashi asked him sternly. Throughout this whole situation, Madara caught my eyes and never lightened his gaze. Even when I looked away, he continued to stare.

Rude?

"Thats the problem, I haven't figured a solution to this new form of reanimation. As you can see, he doesn't even have the unsightly cracks across his skin like regular reanimated corpses do. The good outcome is that, he plans to do no bad to Konoha. If anything, I've discovered his plan to assist the village in all ways." Orochimaru kept talking. "How can we trust that?" Kakashi interrupted him.

"As I was stabbed..." Madara cut into the conversation and everyone went completely silent. "I realized my plan of peace for this world had failed. If only I had followed Hashirama, then everything would've been alright. You leaf shinobi seem to have followed in his way, and look at the peace it's brought forward. Even scum of the earth like Orochimaru has become a parent, and Kabuto leads an orphanage. Perhaps the war had brought one another together and unified everything, so I shall follow the will of fire. I only hope to live up to the expectations my good friend had set in the past." He finished explaining without a hesitation.

Kakashi paused and leaned over to look at Shikamaru. "I've already analysed him sensei, and he seems to want no ill will between anyone. However, he may have become rather attached to Ayno just now. The whole time, his vision stayed on her. Do you figure what I do?" Shikamaru asked him. Kakashi nodded and sighed. He placed his hand on my shoulder and uttered a short apology for me. "We need to put you under a close monitor to prove your self worth, so you need to become acquainted with someone in this crowd of people." As soon as Kakashi said this, my face dropped.

No no no no no no no no no no no no...

"That woman there." Madara pointed at me as if he were demanding my very being. "She shall be my woman from now on. All others let that be known." He seemed to disappear before reappearing in front of me to grab my hand and raise it. "SHE IS MINE." He announced to the crowd once again. I growled and snatched my hand away from him. "What the hell?! I'm NOT property and I'm almost positive that's NOT how you get a girlfriend." I glared at him. He looked unphased before getting down on one knee. The crowd began speaking and mumbling once more. "Fair enough. You are correct. I shall court you and win your heart over... Then you'll be mine." He stood back up and stared at me. My face fell flat in annoyance and I looked up to Kakashi and Shikamaru with begging eyes.

"Sorry Ayno, take one for the team?" Shikamaru rubbed the back of his neck nervously. I looked to Kakashi for any mercy but he simply sighed. "We just need you to keep an eye on him for at least a month. His ways are going to be odd but I know you can do it." Kakashi tried to reassure me. "But what about my missions? I'm working my butt off to be jounin!" I protested to him.

"I'll make you a jounin if you do this." Kakashi interrupted me. I actually weighed my options. No matter how much I wanted to be jounin, I still wondered if living with THE Madara Uchiha was worth it. Of course the good outweighs the bad, and I decided to agree to the offer. "Fair enough, report to us every once in a while and make sure he's under well supervision. If I doubt you, I'll send anbu to keep an eye on you. Thank you Ayno." Kakashi held out his hand. I shook it and almost said something else but Madara jumped into our conversation. He reached out and gripped Kakashi's hand, throwing it away from me. "Do not ever touch her again."

*sigh* This really is going to be harder than I thought it would be.