Chapter 33 - Naughty Thoughts

Start from the beginning

"Hi, Shannon!" he says sternly when he turns around and tosses his phone on the desk.

"Good afternoon, Master Aaron," I reply respectfully, feeling myself blush a bit.

"Listen, I need a favor. One of the bartenders at the Black Diamond called in sick today and it turns out that another is on vacation and the other two are not available for an extra shift. I could ask one of the waiters to tend the bar, but I was wondering if you'd be up for the challenge and do it?" he asks.

"Fuck yeah!!!" I exclaim, immediately casting my eyes down when I see his scowl. "I mean... yes, of course... with pleasure, Master Aaron..."

"I'm serious, Shannon. The bar at the Diamond is not as busy as at the Black Moon, especially on week days, but as you may guess, it requires a perfect behavior," he warns me.

Damn! I can't fuck this up! Working at the Diamond has to be awesome! What if it led to a future job there?

"I promise I'll be on my best behavior, Master Aaron," I exclaim, almost begging and trying to contain my over-eagerness.

"Right. Follow me then, I'll show you around and let you know how things work there. Besides, we finished later than usual last night, and Paxton didn't have time to restock, but I'll help you," Master Aaron says as we head toward the Black Diamond.

Once there, he provides me with a few explanations on the organization and the specific policies in the private club, shows me the bar, and once the waiters have arrived, we all set to prepare the room for the evening and restock the bar. We also spend an hour in the stockroom to unpack all the boxes that were delivered earlier this afternoon. Time flies by quickly around the boss, and although he keeps work-related matters very serious, I'm glad to see that he can also be relaxed and playful, cracking a few jokes. I mostly appreciate that he takes the time to explain things and to encourage me.

We are still in the stockroom when his phone goes off again.

"Hey, Bro, how are you?"

".........."

"No problem, you're not disturbing me. How can I help you?" he asks, turning to face me when his interlocutor answers. "Oh, yes... He's here with me," he then says, running his hand through his hair. "Sorry, Mark, my mistake. Paxton called in sick and I asked Shannon if he wouldn't mind taking his shift at the Diamond tonight instead, so I've been working with him since he arrived. He must have left his phone in his backpack and it's in my office..."

Crap! I forgot to send a text to Mark when I arrived!

".........."

"Stop worrying, Mark! Of course, he'll be safe at the Diamond! You know there's always a bouncer nearby the bar, then there's the video surveillance and I'll be there the whole time too. There's no risk!"

Uh oh... Seems like someone doesn't like it too much that I'm going to work at the Black Diamond...

".........."

"Sure! I'll see you later," Master Aaron concludes, rolling his eyes before he hangs up and smiles at me. "Mark was worrying because you didn't text him when you got here, but no worries, you're covered," he explains with a wink.

"Thank you, Master Aaron."

"No problem, Buddy. It was my fault anyway," he apologizes, ruffling my hair. "When you're done here, stop by my office to get your bag, and then you can have your break in the Subs' room."

After he has left, I finish tidying up the stockroom and spend another half hour making sure that the bar is ready. It's weird that Master Aaron asked me to do my shift at the Diamond when he could have asked any of the more experienced bartenders of the Black Moon to do it. I'm not sure Randy would have accepted because he's straight as a pole from what I've heard and well, he might feel uncomfortable working amidst a crowd of gays having sex in public, but there's Felipe.