Chapter One Hundred Seven

Neville felt his heart stop as Kefira's question registered in his head before he turned to look at her. Kefira didn't seem to be her usual confident and vibrant self as she looked down at her shoes as a distraction.

"I understand if the answer is no," she said to him but still didn't meet his eyes, " I'm not going to hold it against you or anything. I guess maybe I've been so wrapped up knowing how I feel that I didn't bother asking how you felt about the whole thing. That was rather selfish of me."

She finally looked up causing Neville to swallow as he met her green eyes.

"It's okay to say no, Neville. It won't hurt our friendship, I promise."

"Wh-what if the answer is yes?" Neville whispered to her. To be placed on the spot was nerve wracking enough for Neville, but to have Kefira's entire family standing nearby only added the nerves on. He was afraid of Cardel, no matter how kind the man was, he knew that Cardel was still a father, and it was obvious the entire family was very protective over the youngest member.

"Yes?" Her eyes lit up for a moment before she glanced around to see where her parents and sisters were. "Nevs, you don't have to say yes because my family is around, they're not going to do anything to you. Trust me, I won't let them."

"But I'm not." Neville said. He took a deep breath. Kefira had done amazing things already in her young life, she had overcome her weaknesses that had plagued her since her birth, she had survived the attack of muggle-borns when the Chamber of Secrets was open, and she had bravely encountered Sirius Black and a werewolf. If she could do all those things, Neville was certain he could muster up the courage to tell her how he really felt.

"I really like you too, Kefi. More than just a friend." he said, he could feel how warm his face had become and it only grew redder as Kefira smiled at him. "I just..I'm worried that maybe you..you could do better than liking a person like me."

"What?" Kefira exclaimed in surprise. "Why would you say such a thing, Neville?"

"Because Kefi, I've told you before, you're incredibly brave-"

"And so are you." she said. "I don't understand why you can't see that Neville."

"How am I brave?" he looked at her, needing the answer.

"From the moment you wake up in the morning, and from the time you first smile in the day, you're already being brave."

"How so?"

"Because you got up from bed and you smiled, when a lot of people can't do that. Despite everything that has happened to you in your life, Neville, you may not think they are acts of bravery, but there are plenty of things that you do that are amazingly brave."

"Like what?"

"The fact that you got to visit your mother and father is possibly the bravest thing I've ever heard. I don't even care if there is someone out there who wrestles dragons for a living, you're the bravest person I know for doing that. There are plenty of people who probably couldn't bring themselves to do that, to face their parents in that state. But not you, you're committed to seeing them. You talk with them and spend time with them. You show your love for them. No one will ever beat that in my book. I think when you think of bravery, Neville, you think of people doing all sorts of dangerous things. That doesn't make them brave necessarily, perhaps careless and reckless. I should know, I'm both."

The two shared a giggle together.

"But never think that you're not good enough to be with me because of something like that Neville, it's just silly. Besides I like you for more reasons that don't concern bravery."

"Really?"

"Yes." she smiled. "Like how much you care for Trevor, how smart you are when it comes to Herbology, how honest you are and how cute you are when you laugh."

Neville blushed turning a shade darker. 

"And I think you're wicked adorable when you blush." she added.

Suddenly, Neville caught her off guard by grabbing her hand and holding onto it, bringing a blush to her face as well from his bold move.

"I think you're beautiful when you blush."

She grinned before she leaned it and kissed his cheek.

"Where did she learn to be so smooth?!" Nellie asked Rosemary. "I can't even ask a member of the opposite sex for the time without sounding like an idiot."

"That's because you are an idiot." Lottie replied.

"The only idiot here is you because you didn't believe there was something between them. You lose. Loser. You owe me five sickles when we get back home!"

"You also owe me five as well." Rosemary added.

Look at this beautiful piece created by KayanSama

Look at this beautiful piece created by KayanSama. I love it! You got Kefira's details down from her skin tone, to hair and eye colour. Bravo! You have amazing talent!