Chapter One Hundred Forty One

Harry seemed to be having a rough time after the announcement of his name in the goblet as many students didn't take kindly to him, thinking he was trying to steal the spotlight. However, he wasn't the only student struggling, Neville was feeling quite conflicted but awhile his problems stemmed from the tournament, it was for different reasons. Watching Kefira place on Krum's robes in the Great Hall had stirred something inside of him that he could only relate to jealousy. He wouldn't admit it out loud, but he knew what it was. He had felt jealousy throughout his life for different reasons, like when it came to seeing other children with their parents walking around.

But this form of jealousy was different. He had enjoyed the idea of Kefira wearing his jumper, but seeing her in Krum's robes, suddenly made it feel like his jumper wasn't as good. It wasn't good enough for her. After all, he wasn't a famous quidditch player, he was just Neville. He had to admit that it did hurt, because he was certainly trying, not only for himself but for her too. Kefira had been the one to believe in him first about obtaining his bravery or as she called it, his "inner roar."

Kefira was levels above him when it came to bravery as  he was certain she had been born with unlimited amount of courage. While he had grown significantly, he still had a ways to go before even coming close to her level. He just wanted her to realize that he would get there eventually and it would be worth it. 

She just had to patient.

What Neville didn't realize was, Kefira had no intentions with Viktor or any of the Durmstrang students outside of friendship. If anything, she just really wanted to try on the robes to see if they were as warm and soft as she thought they were. Unfortunately, while they were warm, the fur was mostly matted, not giving her the soft feeling she was looking for. She could get the warmth and coziness she wanted from Neville's jumpers no problem.

Oblivious to what her innocent actions had caused when it came to Neville's feelings, Kefira had no idea that her dear friend was experiencing internal turmoil. He kept a smile on his face for her, though,which didn't help her figure it out that he was feeling much different.

Her focus changed when it came to seeing Harry being scrutinized by the Slytherin students and a lot of the student body because they were against Harry being in the tournament. Kefira wasn't sure what was going on in the mind of the Hogwarts students when it came to them being angry. Two champions in Hogwarts meant they doubled their chances of winning. She could understand why the other schools were upset, but she figured everyone would be standing behind Harry and Cedric.

Obviously not.

Seeing how much everyone was dreading potions, Kefira didn't find herself enthusiastic about the class either. Neville was having a tough enough time with classes lately, that she really didn't need Professor Snape making it worse for him. Already, Neville had been given extra homework because he fumbled with the Summoning Charm when it came to Charms class. She could see the nerves forming before they were even due to walk towards the dungeons for class. 

"Hey Nevs," she said giving his shoulder a nudge.

He glanced over at her. "Yes?"

"Do you know why they don't play poker in the jungle?" she asked him, amusement lacing her voice.

"No."

"Because there is too many cheetahs!" she clapped her hands together as she delivered the punchline, but unlike Neville's usual giggle, he only gave her a faint smile.

She frowned as she figured maybe her joke wasn't that funny, bringing her to think of another one.She thought of one that had never failed to make her laugh as a child.

"Ooooh, say, how many tickles does it take to make an octopus laugh?"

Neville looked as though he was truly thinking about what the answer was. Eventually, he gave up and looked at her.

She grinned and movd towards him wiggling her fingers. "Ten-tickles!" she tickled his sides making him let out a squeal with added laughter.

She was glad to hear him laugh and see a genuine smile, because they were definitely going to need it for what was about to occur next.

Arriving at the dungeons, there was a small gathering outside of the classroom that involved  Harry and Hermione along with Draco and his "swollen idiots" as Kefira referred to them as. She didn't understand the context of the fight as they arrived, but in a matter of seconds, Draco and Harry had their wands drawn and fired spells at one another.

"Furnunculus!"

"Densaugeo!" 

Each spell missed the target and hit the person closest to them, leaving Goyle and Hermione as the victims. Some horrible looking fungus began to grow all over Goyle's face, but it was Hermione that let out a frightful cry bringing Kefira to look over at her.

The girl's front teeth were huge and still growing by the second.

"And what is all this noise about?"

The students turned around to see Professor Snape arriving on scene. Kefira silently prayed that it would be the moment where he would redeem himself in her eyes. The Slytherins were quick to throw in the defense in Draco's name but Professor Snape looked past them and pointed to Draco, asking him to explain.

Draco quickly claimed that it was Harry that started it but Harry jumped in arguing that they threw a spell out at the same time. But much to Kefira's disappointment, Professor Snape completely disregarded Harry's word, telling Goyle to head to the hospital wing.

When Ron pointed out Hermione's teeth, Professor Snape turned to the girl and eyed her for a split second.

"I see no difference."

Kefira's heart sunk as she looked to the man as Hermione ran off down the corridor, crying. Harry and Ron roared with anger in the girl's defense, but it was only rewarded with  as he took away points from the Gryffindor house and gave them detention.

They were sent into the classroom, but Kefira remained outside with Neville at her side as Professor Snape remained as well.

"Head inside." Professor Snape told them, Neville listened obediently, but Kefira glared at him, remaining in spot.

"You're disgusting." She told him. 

Her fists were balled at her side as she fought back the tears that threatened to fall.

"To tell Hermione something like that. You're just an awful excuse for a person. You made her cry, you're an adult, a professor...and you made her cry. You defended the bully. That's not even the saddest part, Professor. The saddest part is, you don't feel bad at all. Well, guess what, Professor? No one feels bad for you anymore either."