Chapter One Hundred Seventy Four

"It's been awhile since the other two came out," Dean pointed out as the crowds were growing restless with everything going on. "I mean, what do you think is taking Cedric and Harry so long? You think they got lost?"

"Or maybe something happened to both of them before they could send out the red sparks," Seamus pointed out.

"Oh, I hope not!" Neville cried out. "That would be terrible, I would rather they both lose than get severely hurt."

"I'm sure they're fine, Nevs," Kefira said rubbing his shoulder as Neville's eyes were focused on the dark hedges. "I mean, they probably did get a little lost like Dean said. But it's nothing they won't be able to get out of. And for all we know, they are probably in there right now having a good laugh as they wander around in there. Or for all we know, they found the cup and are just hanging out in there to build up the tension and drive us all mad. I'm sure they're okay."

"And if they're not?" Seamus asked.

Kefira turned around in her seat. "Seamus, hi! Shut up! You're not helping."

"I'm not trying to be helpful, I'm trying to be realistic," he said.

"I'm about to show you how real it's going to get by pushing you down these stands if you don't knock it off," she whispered to him harshly.

"I'd like to see you try, Walsh," he said in a challenging tone. As soon as Kefira moved an inch, Seamus flinched and scooted away. She rolled her eyes at him before shaking her head.Bisera finally made her way over the group, rubbing her arms that had been clamped down the entire time during the beginning.

"Hey Bizzy, how are you?"

"I'm fine," she answered. "I wish I could say the same for my fellow peers."

Kefira and Neville leaned forward and glanced over to see some of the boys looking completely devastated as Viktor had lost.

"They seem pretty upset about it," Neville said. 

"You're telling me," Bisera sighed. "My sleeve is still wet from one of them crying...like a big baby and I have bruises from their hands! Big...gorillas they are!"

Kefira giggled. "Hey, I bet they were really happy that you were there to support them during such a hard time in their lives. And just think about it, now they owe you...or you can blackmail them or something."

"Kefi!" Neville blurted out. "Remember what we said about the blackmailing?"

The girl let out a groan. "Yes, I remember. Okay, so maybe no blackmailing...but they still owe you. Hold them to it."

She turned back to Neville. "Better?"

"Yes, much better," he smiled. 

"Do not worry, I will hold them to it," Bisera said. "I just hope this is over soon, you know? I'm tired. We were all up early to finish our work so we could cheer Viktor on even though I wanted to sleep in."

"Sorry, Bizzy, but if it makes you feel any better, this is the last task and then you don't have to wake up early to cheer Viktor on again. Speaking of the boy, how's he doing?"

"I do not know," Bisera answered. "We have not seen him yet since he came out of the maze. I think he was hurt...maybe Fleur too?"

"I hope not, but it is possible," Kefira frowned. "Well..."

Suddenly, there was the sound of something cracking down at the field. Everyone directed their attention down the stands to see that Harry had returned with Cedric. There was a slight rise of cheering as the students were happy to see the Hogwarts champions, but it quickly dwindled to sudden whispers of confusion as Cedric remained on the ground completely still.

Everyone stood to their feet as they could hear Harry's sobs echo through the night air as he cried over Cedric's body.

"What's going on?" Kefira asked Neville. But he just seemed as clueless as everyone else around them. 

"Harry! Harry!" Dumbledore raced over to where the two boys were, trying to figure out what was going on as well.

Other adults came to surround him and suddenly, the shouts began. "He's dead! Cedric Diggory! Dead!"

There were gasps among all the students as they couldn't believe what they were hearing.

"No, it can't be..." Kefira shook her head as Neville's hand quickly tightened around hers. "How...how can that happen?"

Among all the chaos and confusion in the stands, Cedric Diggory's parents managed to take to the field to get to their son. But it wasn't only them, a couple of rows away, Eleanor was fighting Fred to let her go so that she could reach her friend's side. Eventually, he did let her go as she made her way onto the field and approached Cedric's mother. 

Professors were all over trying to get the students to clear the stands and get back to the castle, however, the students were refusing to leave unless they learned what was exactly taking place. They wanted confirmation if Cedric Diggory was truly dead because none of them wanted to believe it. 

They were pulling Harry away in order to get the boy to the Hospital Wing, fearing that he was gravely hurt. 

Kefira had a hard time handling death, just seeing a spider meet an ill fate during their first class with Moody was enough to make her feel sick. 

She was close to hurling all the contents that were currently in her stomach as she looked down at the scene of the family crying over the dead boy's body. Her hands clutched at her stomach as she closed her eyes.

"Kefi!" Neville turned to her, just as she began to vomit in the stands. Neville quickly grabbed at her hair to keep it out of her face, while other students scurried to avoid being vomited on. Dean and Seamus climbed down from their seats to help her stay straight up on her feet. 

"She's sick again, isn't she?" Seamus asked.

"Yes,' Neville said. "But I don't think it's that kind of sickness right now."

"She is not sick, she's in shock," Bisera said. 

"No, I-" Kefira looked up wiping her mouth with her sleeve as she shook slightly. However, her eyes focused past her friends and back on the field. There was sudden commotion between Cedric's parents and Ellie as they looked down at the boy.  They were talking back and forth frantically before Ellie poked Cedric quite hard and then a voice echoed out that silenced the entire area.

"OW!"