seventeen

justin

After our movie was over and we finished the pizza that Chanel ordered, we cleaned our mess and went to her bedroom. We laid in bed and just talked.

"Justin?"

"Hm?"

"You didn't actually like ... Mia, did you?" I almost laughed,"Who?"

"Mia, the girl that you were with at the party. You didn't like her, did you?" Since I didn't remember shit from the party, I closed my eyes and concentrated hard so I could at least remember something in order to  answer her.

"Um," it finally clicked to me. I knew exactly who she was talking about now,"No, I don't even know the girl for real."

"Okay."

"What's wrong? You don't like her or something?"

She laughed,"Since you asked, no, I don't."

"Why not? Wasn't she at your party?"

"She's disgusting," she rolled her eyes as she spoke,"She didn't come to the party for me. That's Chanel's friend."

"Oh," I said,"Well, no, I don't like her like that. She just kept me company."

"Good," she said, sighing in relief,"I want you to have a girlfriend if it makes you happy, but not her."

I laughed,"You were worried that I would commit to some girl I met at a house party?"

"Well yeah," she shrugged,"She's not ugly."

I laughed,"So? I don't want or need a girlfriend right now."

"Okay," she said happily,"That's what I want to hear." My lips curved into a smile,"Is someone jealous?"

"No," she scoffed,"I just don't want you to get involved with these females, that's all. You don't know how they are."

I wanted to see how far I could get her. "And why is that?"

"Because they're all trash. You don't want to associate with them, trust me. I'm doing you a favor."

"Then what about you?" A smirk appeared on my lips. Her cheeks heated up, showing that I caught her off guard. "Me?"

"Mhm."

"Well," she flipped her hair in a joking manner,"I'm an exception."

***

"Honey, I'm home!" A voice, I'm assuming Chanel, called from downstairs after we heard the front door slam. Evelyn sat up in the bed and smiled,"Come on up, baby!"

I laughed,"You two are weird."

She giggled,"We're best friends, this is how we act."

Chanel appeared in the doorway and her arms rested on her hips. "Should've known."

Evelyn smiled innocently,"Should've known, what?"

"That he'd be here," she pointed to me, walking over to give me a "real n-word handshake". I was surprised I knew how to do it, but not as surprised as she was.

"All that shit talking you was doing," she shook her head at Evelyn,"Shame on you."

"Everyone shit talks when they're mad," she defended herself.

"Okay I'm mad confused," I finally spoke. Chanel plopped on the bed, kicking her shoes off of her feet,"Evelyn was pissed earlier. She didn't even want to see you, yet she happened to be so curious to know if you and Mia Harris were at a talking stage or not. It might only be me, but that's got to mean something," she winked.