eight

evelyn

When I got home, of course Chanel clocked on me. I hugged her and laughed at her while she tried to scream at me, and eventually she just couldn't take me serious, so she gave up. I ordered her a pizza and I was forgiven. After we talked and ate the pizza I just went to work.

***

After a long day at the old folk's home, I was finally able to clock out and leave work.

I was tired, but I knew that Justin was excited for the next fun thing on the list. I called his phone while I was still driving, but he didn't answer.

I called one more time and he still didn't answer, so I just decided I'd call again once I got home so I could focus on the road.

Once I got home, I took off my work clothes and changed into some regular jeans and a random shirt. I laid upside down on the couch and called, and you guessed it, no answer.

"What's his problem?" I groaned, sitting upright on the couch. I decided to text him so see if he would answer.

>>> hey, justin are we still going?

Justin: Nope.

>>> why not?

Justin: I just don't want to go, alright? Fuck that list.

>>> ok... What's wrong?

Justin: Oh my God, nothing is wrong, Evelyn! Just leave me alone

👀seen.

I was so confused. Just this morning he was so nice to me and vice versa, and last night we really had a good time. What changed it?

Did he sense that I didn't tell him everything last night? That can't be it. Last night was one of the best nights he ever had, he told himself.

When I accidentally stayed over last night, we talked and had drinks, something he had never done. He told me about his father leaving and how it really affected him and his mom. I told him that my dad badly hurt me, too, but I didn't get more specific than that. Then we just talked about the positives in life.

We talked about what we wanted to do in life, and our futures and stuff. I should've already known his answer, he didn't know. To be fair, I didn't really know either, so that's what we laughed at and then we just talked some more. We ended up falling asleep around 5:30.

I just put my phone up and sighed. I knew Justin had issues, so I decided it was just best to let him have his alone time like he wanted.

***

Next day.

justin

"Justin, get up," the next morning I woke up to the sun shining on my face. I groaned,"Close the curtain!"

"Justin, I made you an appointment to talk to your therapist, you're going," and she shut my door. And that's when I knew she was still mad at me, because she said that I was going, and she'd usually atleast beg me to let her join.