ch. 17 The burning shed

When the table is being cleaned up, I stay on my chair,watching some of the Ipliers leave. I noticed one guy, who is most of the time. What was his name again...? CatIplier?! yeah,that was it!'

"Hey Mark, mind if I go outside for a while?" I ask Mark who I cut off because he was talking. He looks at me, and nods "Of course dear". And with that, I stand up from my seat and I walk over to the door that leads to the garden. I walk over the path with the pink trees next to them, 'guess Wilford placed these" I smile to myself. I sit on the bench in front of a big, high tree. Suddenly I hear purring from somewhere above me.

I look behind me, and then up in the tree. I see a black tail swinging from left to right and back all over again. The tail is attached to a sleeping cat man. His eyes blink open, and I'm the first thing he sees, so he smiles at me, "Hello, (Y/N)" He says, purring. "Hey, what was your name again" I ask. "Cat-Iplier" He sighs "I'm not a kitten anymore" He answers as he stretches. "What if I call you Cat?" I say. He groans a little "That's a girls name, I'm not stupid" He says, flickering his ears. I chuckle "Catiplier it is then" I say wich makes a smile appear on his face. "Come sit on this bench with me, Catiplier" I suggest. He nods and shows his sharp nails, by climging out of the tree with his nails carved in the tree. He lays his head on my lap, facing the beautiful landscape that was in front of the bench.

I pet him by going through his thick, soft, black hair. I stroke his ears with my fingertips softly before he begins to purr, like a cat. "Your hands are the softest hands that every touched me" Cat purrs. "You have the softest hair I have ever touched " I giggle softly. "I wish you could do this every day" Catiplier continues. "I can", I say. "You would get enough of me in the end" He says with his voice cracking. I kiss his temple "No, I wouldn't" I answer as I continue to pet him. I twirl his hair around my fingers. His breathing is getting slower and I hear him snoring and purring lightly. I bend over a little to see a sleeping cat-man on my lap.

I sit back, inhaling deeply as I close my eyes. The pink trees smell great and it's relaxing. I look at the small village which I want to visit soon. "(Y/N)?" I hear a voice behind me. The person walks next to me, doesn't sit down since Cat took the whole bench. I look up to see Mark smiling, "He's really nice" I whisper. Mark nods "Is he sleeping?" He whispers back, I nod at him, "Sorry, no place" I giggle slightly. But then, Catiplier suddenly wakes up slowly. He sits up straight, rubbing his eyes.

He looks shocked at Mark, "Oh, sorry--" Mark cut him off "It's okay, Kitty" He says as he gives a warm smile. "My king, can you please call me Catiplier, or just Cat?" Cat asks. Mark nods "Sure" He says as he sits down next to me. I sit between them as we watch the sun go down, the sky has beautiful fire colors. Then, suddenly, Catiplier jumps off the bench, "what the-" I stop by sentence when I see him chasing a little butterfly. I giggle amused. Mark lays an arm around me, pulling me closer to him. I rest my head on his shoulder, "I love you, baby" He says softly, I smile to myself, "I love you too" I answer. He pulls me up on my feet, off the bench and takes my hands in his. We stare at each other, and let the loving silence do the talking.

"I love y-" Mark wanted to say again, but was cut off by a loud scream. "HELP!!! SOMEONE!!! ICE IS IN THERE!!" I hear someone yell from somewhere in the garden. I hear Mark mumbling, "Ughh! What now? There better be someone dying!" to himself. Mark and I run around the castle to see a small, wooden but burning shed. I see Fire panicking as he runs around the burning shed. "FIRE WHAT'S GOING ON!?!!??" Mark yells as he runs to the shed, me following him. "I'm sorry, my king but Ice is in there!! DO SOMETHING!!" Fire yells scared as tears roll down his cheeks.

I look at the shed, then at Fire, then at Mark, and then back at the shed. I don't think for a second longer, and run in the burning shed, that is about to fall apart. "(Y/N)!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" I hear Mark yell shocked from outside. I ignore him, and I look around in the flames for Ice. I begin to cough heavy, because I'm panicking and inhaling a lot of black, thick smoke. I see Ice laying in a corner, wounds and bruises everywhere. He doesn't move a muscle, but I still decide to get him out. I struggle to come over to him. Suddenly a big piece of wood falls down, right next to me.

I hear all the Ipliers outside yell my name, panicking and not knowing what is going on. I grab Ice's wrist, trying to wake him up. He opens his eyes a little and starts coughing like crazy. "come on, Ice, we're getting out of here together!" I explain as I try to get him up by putting his hand around my shoulders. "You came to save me" He says, almost dying, "Thank you" He says. I look at him , "Don't give up, Ice, we're almost there" I lie, we were in the back of the burning shed. "Save yourself, (Y/N)" Ice says. "NO, ICE, DON'T GIVE UP!!!" I yell frustrated, tears starting to form in my eyes. My bond isn't that strong with him, but it's breaking my heart to see him like this, in so much pain.

"come on-....come on, you can do this" I mumble to myself, between coughs. I decide to drag him across the floor. I take both his wrists and pull him towards the exit. Then, there falls a heavy piece of wood from the ceiling on Ice's foot. "FUUUUCCKKK" He yells in pain. I give all my strength I have left to drag him further, but his foot is stuck under the wood. I release his wrists and run to his feet. I kick the block off and take a quick look at Ice's face before pulling him further towards the exit. I arrive at the exit, and I let myself drop on the ground, knowing it is over, having no strength anymore. I cough like crazy with my eyes closed. I hear some people panic around me, but I now only care about Ice, I wanna know if he's okay.

I wanna stand up, and help Ice to get healthy. I try to stand up, but drop on my knees immediately, and I black out.