Ch. 8

Ch. 8

I ran into the clearing with Sayuri, seeing our sensei and Nakazo waiting. Nakazo was obviously kind of uncomfortable, while Arata-sensei was patient and calm. Honestly, I can already tell he's very serious and calculating. Nope, I am going to sneak him alcohol one day and see him go crazy. I had to hold back a grin.

"Sorry we're late!" I shouted, bowing at the males and forcing Sayuri to bow too. Funny enough, Sayuri and I had run into each other on the way here, and spotted a candy shop. We learned quickly we both had a sweet tooth. However, we had an argument about sour or sweet, and lost track of time.

"Let's get started." Arata-sensei said, before disappearing, we suddenly heard form not to far behind us,"You're goal is to find and tag me before noon."

It was 8 at the time, and we looked at each other in surprise. Our minds took a second before we shouted,"Wait, what!?"

We disappeared into the trees separately, thinking about this on our own. In order to tag him, I'm going to have to surprise him. He's a jonin, so that won't be easy. I should know, seeing as I once attempted to play tag with Riju...

But, the other 2 probably won't be of to much help... I'll have to do this alone.

I felt determined to pass this test, and bounded after the direction we heard his voice. Nothing. I couldn't find anything.

I heard a branch snap and turned around quickly, then saw Sayuri there, with a blush.

She approached me, fidgeting her hands,"Kit.." I rose an eyebrow at her,"Um.. Will you work together with me.. Please. I know I don't like you but.. I could use your help.." Her blush only deepened.

I mentally hit myself with the selfish thoughts I had. I was only thinking about myself, not my team mates.

"Okay, Sayu, I'll help out, but you'll need to help too, okay?" I asked her.

She nodded happily, and I hoped things would stay this way. "Okay.. Where is he?" She asked hesitantly, glancing at me.

I stood still,"I honestly have no clue." I laughed. She smiled, then glanced away. Her smile returned,"Let's go get Nakazo, Kit!"

I sighed,"Do we have to?"

"Yes." She demanded, pulling my arm to where she saw him last. I let her guide me. All she thinks about is that boy. You know.. That was my first actual conversation with her. Maybe I was a bit quick to judge...

"Man, Nakazo is so amazing.." She sighed dreamily.

Then again...

We saw Nakazo, panting on the ground, pointing wildly in a general direction. "He.. he.. um.. He went.. that way."

I scoffed and threw a bottle of water at him hard, mentally berating him for not being prepared. He smiled 'charmingly' at me, while sweating,"Thanks.. Kit."

I shrugged, walking the rest of the way to him,"Okay, let's come up with a plan."

They turned to me expectantly.

I continued speaking, thinking about a few things Kurama has shared as well for extra detail. The lazy being in my head was taking a nap right when I needed him.

"We know nothing about his abilities, but he has a good idea about ours. Already a disadvantage." I saw there hope diminish a bit,"and he's a jonin.. and we're not even completely genin yet.." Again, they deflated a bit more. "BUT!" I shouted, making them straighten up curiously,"we can still do this."