Ch. 4 Issues

I probably made a lot of mistakes, sorry.

----------------------------------------------------------

So, there I was, standing in front of the Hokage. I had no idea how to act in front of him.

"Uh.." I stammered,"H-Hello, uhh.. H-hoka-hokage-sama." I blushed, knowing I sounded like an idiot.

"Hello, Kitani." The Hokage gave me a nice smile. He turned towards Riju,"What seems to be the problem?"

Riju turned towards me,"Hey, Kitani, do you mind standing outside for a little bit?"

I shook my head while fidgeting with my fingers, then, I left The room, leaning against the wall.

I let out a deep breath, closing my eyes to relax for a second.

I opened my eyes and began making silly faces, already bored. I hummed as I tapped my foot on the ground. Then, I sat on the ground, tapping it with my finger and humming. After that, I was laying on the ground, rolling around to get rid of my boredom.

Riju opened the door and looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

I coughed, standing up and pretending nothing happened.

Riju waved me in, and I complied, fidgeting with my hands. The Hokage made me feel a bit safer by giving me a warm smile.

"Kitani, Riju here" He motioned to Riju,"noticed a strange chakra in you. It seems... Similar to the one on the night of the.. Attack."

I got confused, I had no idea what could be wrong with my chakra. I had learnt the basics of chakra from Kurama but he never said anything about mine being strange.

Kurama was silent, not saying a word about it.

I'd definitely have to talk to him.

"Do you know anything about that?" He asked gently.

I shook my head, a confused look on my face. Why was my chakra different?

The Hokage sighed, a thoughtful look on his face. He smoked his pipe before saying something again,"Thanks for coming in. Good luck on your entrance exams."

Riju knew he was being dismissed and nodded, leading me out the door.

"Riju... is there something wrong with me?" I asked sadly.

He ruffled my hair with a sad look,"No, Kitani, there's nothing wrong with you."

He got back up and walked towards the Academy, as I gave him a skeptical look.

We stayed quiet as we walked to the Academy. I kept calling out to Kurama in my head,'Kurama! Please, answer me! I need answers!'

Once we arrived, all the to-be students were gone. Riju glanced at me,"When will your parents be here?"

I kicked a pebble on the ground and said quietly,"I'm an orphan.."

He coughed into his fist,"I'm sorry. Well, you can find your way home?" He glanced at me worriedly.

"Yeah!" I smiled, running in the direction I thought my house was in.

"Why are you running into the Academy?"

I stopped, pursing my lips,"Uh.." I started stepping backwards.

"Kit!" I heard Naruto's voice yell.

I looked at him, sighing in relief,"Naru! Heyyyy.. Whatchu doing here?" I asked, cocking my head.

"I knew you'd end up on the other side of the world with your sense of direction." He laughed, grabbing my hand.

"Thanks, Naru!" I gave him a closed-eyed smile.

Riju pretended Naru wasn't even there,"Sure you can get home okay, Kitani?" He asked, glancing at Naruto.

"Duh, Naru's here. Plus. You see these eyes? No one dares mess with me with the glare these strange eyes can give.

He glanced at them, and I saw a slight shiver, which made me cock my head again.

"Be safe, Kitani. Remember, the results will be posted in a week from now."

I nodded happily, gesturing for Naruto to lead the way.

He walked off towards where my home was, and I bounded after him. I hummed a tune to myself and skipped, minding my own business. On the outside, I was being carefree, on the inside.. well..

'KURAMA! YOU BETTER ANSWER ME RIGHT NOW!!'

'Sorry, Kit, I'll tell you when you're older. I don't think you're ready to know.'

I turned him on mute since I wasn't getting any answers.

Naruto glanced at me with his beautiful shining blue eyes,"Are you okay, Kit? You seem upset."

I smiled at him thankfully,"Yeah, sorry for worrying you. I'm okay. Just nervous if I did well or not. I'm probably gonna be losing sleep over this now..."

Naruto laughed,"You can go to my apartment if you have trouble sleeping." He offered.

I nodded vigorously,"That'd be helpful. Thanks. I mean, I already sneak out of the orphanage, might as well go to your place."

"Wanna get ramen, Kit?" He asked me, gesturing to Ichiraku's.

"Yes, please!" I cheered, prancing over to the ramen shop. I helped Naruto onto his chair then he helped pull me up onto mine. Teuchi was just laughing at our shortness.

"What would you like?"

Naruto and I immediately answered together,"Miso ramen." However, Naruto said,"Miso ramen with extra chashu."

"Should've known." Teuchi smiled, getting to work. Naruto and I absolutely love ramen. At first I didn't but Naruto introduced me to it and I was in love.

Teuchi went to the back and Naruto asked me what happened at the exams.

"It was pretty easy, but I guess it always does. They ask you a few questions and then stare at you. Don't get creeped out by the staring, I think they're checking something, like chakra levels."

"What the heck is chakra?"

I tilted my head,"Eh, you'll find out in the Academy."

Then, Teuchi brought us our delicious ramen. We started wolfing it down as soon as it was in front of us. I had more manners than Naruto, since the ladies at the orphanage are very strict.

After Naruto finished 7 bowls of ramen, and we combined our money to pay for it, we went our seperate ways. By seperate ways, I mean he led me right outside the orphanage and pointed at it, then said,"It is RIGHT there. Not any other way. Right there." Then, he pushed me towards it,"Just keep walking forward."

I nodded,"Okay, jeez. I know I don't have the best sense of direction.." He looked at me with a 'really?' look,"BUT! I'm not completely hopeless." I pouted, starting to walk towards the orphanage.

Naruto sighed,"Kit, that's the wrong way."

I pursed my lips,"I knew that." I coughed, saying a quick,'Goodbye.' before running into the orphanage. I looked back at the door sadly, knowing Naru lived on his own. I don't understand why everyone dislikes him, he is one of the nicest people I know... Wait. He is the nicest person I know.

Well, I need sleep.

 --------------------------------------------

Hey, sorry for not updating in a while. My phone broke because 

someone...

(totally not me)

*cough*

stepped on it. So, yeah it's broken. I now have a laptop though so.. YAY! This means more updates as I can write 1000 words in an hour with typing. Let me know if you want longer chapters :D