Ch. 3 Academy Entrance Exam

:5 years old:

The time to attempt to enter the Academy had come, and I was so pepped up. I quickly brushed my long Orange hair, then threw it up into a ponytail.

I wiggled my eyebrows while puckering my lips, giggling after.

I looked at my clothes that seemed suitable for ninja training. I wanted to make a good impression.

I had on a brown tank top, along with net gloves. I had black leggings on and a black skirt.

A huge smile broke into my face. I was training to be a ninja. I mean, I have Lots of spare time, So I have gotten pretty familiar with kunai and shuriken. However, They will critic my stance and give me be tips and it'll the great! Y'know, besides the learning academics part..

I gave myself one final look before running out of the orphanage towards Naruto's place. I wanted him to wish me luck. I'm as year older, So I'd probably graduate before him.

I knocked on Naru's door, smiling happily.

The door opened and there stood Naruto, a huge grin on his face,"Hey, Kit!"

I hugged him,"Hey, Naru!"

"You're going to try to get into the Academy today right?" He asked, his eyes shining at the thought of entering the Academy.

I threw my arms in the air,"Yep! Wish me luck!"

"Good luck!" His smile remained on his face.

"Thanks. Oh, I gotta go! See ya!" I ran a bit before turning my body and waving, then running faster towards the Academy.

"Kit!!!" Naruto called. I stopped and looked at him confused,"The Academy's the other way!!"

I blushed and laughed,"Oh... Whoops! Thanks!"

Naruto waved at me, and I waved again, taking off to the direction he pointed me in.

-----------------------

I arrived at the Academy, nervousness making me act extremely awkward.

I've heard the test is easy. You just stand still while they look at you. Something to do with.. Chalk Raw? I wasn't really sure what the older Academy students meant.

The Academy is the place they train ninja. You can join at any time past the age of 5, but during a time before I was born, apparently there were no age restrictions. I heard of people graduating when they were 6!

I fiddled with my hands, wondering if they would think I was ready to join. I am joining 3 years before a normal child would join, but then again, I don't have a parent telling me I'm not ready.

I forced myself to keep my hands at my sides, and keep the nervousness from my face. I couldn't help but glance at the older kids though.

The requirements are pretty simple in order to join.

You must 1. Love the village and hope to help preserve peace and prosperity.

Kurama helped me understand I need to support and care for the village. As long as they support and care for me, I'll do the same.

2. Have a mind that will not yield, able to endure hard training and work.

Kurama had to translate that to me as well. Basically, I need to have strong willpower and be prepared for no shortcuts and hard work.

3. Be healthy in mind and body.

That one I got by myself. I just need to be healthy. I can't have any physical issues that would slow me down or make it impossible to be a ninja. Also, I need to be sharp and have no issues that would cause me harm, basically the same thing as the physical, just mentally now.

So, I passed those. Now that test where they just kind of stare at you. I'm not sure what that is good for, but it must be something important.

I was a few spaces back in the line, and I could hear my heartbeat. I took a few deep breaths to calm my breathing.

"What's your name?"

I opened my eyes quickly. I didnt realize I was already in the front of the line.

"Kitani. No surname." I answered.

The shinobi wrote in his notebook.

"Age?"

"I'm 5."

"Any physical or mental disorders?"

"So far, so good."

"How long have you been a civilian of the Leaf?"

"Since I was born."

"Any goals?"

"Just to protect those I care about." I said, a more determined look on my face.

"Are you prepared to train hard?"

"Bring it." I smiled lightly.

He waved over another shinobi. The second just stared at me, making me fidget slightly. His eyebrows furrowed slightly, then whispered something to the first ninja. The other got a confused look on his face, and they seemed to check my face for a lie. I only cocked my head at them, confused as to what the fuss was
The second shinobi and first shinobi discussed something before coming upon an agreement.
clipboar
"Okay.." The first shinobi glanced at His chipboard,"Kitani. Riju here.." He motioned to the second shinobi,"is going to bring you to the Hokage to discuss something." He gave me a close-eyed smile.

I nodded, turning to Riju, the second shinobi. Riju turned around and walked towards the Hokage's tower, and I followed.

"What are you going to discuss?" I asked.

"Nothing of importance."

"Then why are you going to the Hokage?"

"Don't ask questions."

"But, as a ninja in training, I need to learn how to get information from people."

"Just follow me." He sighed.

I pouted, running up a little and grabbing his hand. He looked a little bit startled,"What are you doing?"

"I thought this is what kids and adult do when they're walking somewhere? I've seen it all over the village."

He looked a little bit uncomfortable as I looked at him questionably,"Those are usually kids and their parents." He explained.

"Ooooh." I realized,"Whoops." I let go of his hand.

He seemed kind of uncomfortable after that. I think I struck a nerve about being a parent... Oh dang. OH DAAANG. whoops.

The rest of the walk was tense, yet I skipped merrily along, humming a tune. I'm very good at ignoring things.

"Well we're here." He announced, gesturing to the door to the Hokage's office.

This should be good until further notice.

-me