Chapter 13 ~ The Waterfall

Chapter 13

I blew out a shaky breath as my eyes slowly met Fawn's now - thankfully- blue eyes,"What do you want, Fawn?"

He seemed to be in a conflict before he hesitantly took a step towards me. Then another. And another. And before I knew it, he was standing directly in front of me. "Eve..." He raised his hand and was about to touch my cheek but decided against it at the last second, with his palm inches away from my face. His hand then fell limply at his side as he clenched both of his fists as if to restrain himself from doing something he knew he will regret.

And I felt incredibly silly because I was actually yearning for his touch and no matter how much I try to deny it, I wanted him. And I hated myself for it.

With all the willpower I could muster, I took a step away from him and as I did so, a subtle ache from deep within me slowly emerged. I shook my head at him,"I really don't get you, Fawn."

"I..." He looked pained as he stared at me with longing.

"You what, Fawn? What do you want with me?" I asked, this time with desperation.

He only stared at me, swallowing hard.

"Please," I begged. I hated how weak I sounded but I was tired with him, with this place. With everything. I just wanted to go home.

He took a step forward, but before I could take one back, he did one thing: one thing that shocked me the most, of all things he did. I didn't expect it.

He... kissed me.

My eyes were wide and my hands were hanging limply at my sides. All I heard was my heartbeat beating fast with each second. Thump, thump, thump, my stupid heart was going and I never hated it more than I did at this moment. I hated how my heart responded to him, how my heart was so powerful that it took over my mind as all rationality flew from me. My heart: that stupid, stupid organ.

All I could think was how good and amazing it felt like to be kissed by him, how he was so gentle with me, how much passion he put into the kiss, and how amazing the kiss was.

The feeling was so intense and all emotions were pulling at me, begging me to respond to him. My heart felt like it was tortured, punished for I was not reciprocating the kiss. Or was it my heart? A part of me was whimpering, telling me to just give in.

I tried, I really tried but I just couldn't help it. I couldn't help but to kiss him back.

My eyelids fell closed as I finally gave in. My arms flew to the back of his neck, caressing the chocolate brown locks at the base of his neck. I kissed him back tenderly, passionately as I forgot the reason why I thought that this was wrong: for it certainly didn't feel like it. I felt like I was complete, like a puzzle piece was finally put to place after years and years of looking for the long lost piece that was misplaced. Everything was perfect, and that ache I had felt for days finally faded away. It was as if that agonizing pain never even struck me. I felt healed.