Chapter 11 ~ Revelations

Chapter 11

Adrian

Hissing in pain, I woke up to the burning feeling of my wrists, ankles and across my abdomen. Looking down, I saw silver chains securing me to the wall, weakening me and preventing me from escaping.

I grunted, the chains rattling as I tried to move. It was going to need a lot of effort to rip the silver chains considering half of my body was strapped to the wall, searing with pain.

Growling dangerously, I managed to dent the silver in desperation as I realized that my mate's life was hanging over a thread. I looked around my surroundings and noticed that I was in a damp and humid cellar separated from the other prisoners. There was nobody aside from me. Not even the guards.

Damn it, I'm wasting time in this nonsense. How long was I out? What happened to her? Oh God, please let her be safe.

Enraged, I roared out the name of my beta, the walls shaking and vibrating as the I did so. The pain was forgotten as rage overtook me. If he doesn't show up here, my wolf would go livid. I cannot predict what he would do if that were to happen.

Footsteps descended the stairs, before my beta appeared right in front of me.

I viscously snarled at him,"Get me out of here. Now."

Dane eyed we wearily, scanning his eyes over me before finally realizing that I was already in control of my body and not the primal and animalistic side. He opened the cellar doors, stepping in before finally unlocking the silver chains. Wise move.

Who knows what I would have done had he done otherwise.

Releasing the last silver chaining my wrists, it clanked to the floor as I finally stood up.

"I sincerely apologize, Alpha," Dane said softly,"But we had to do it,"

I growled, pushing past him. It was the least of my concerns right now, I'll deal with them later.

Quickly throwing on a pair of freshly washed pants that was neatly folded on a chair outside the cellar, I bolted with inhumane speed from the underground cellar and began following my mate's scent. I whisked through the trees as I reached outside, heading straight to my house where her scent was at the strongest.

I barged in the room, almost taking down the wooden door in the process. I wouldn't calm down until I saw her, until I knew that she was alive and okay.

My eyes scanned the room and what I saw had me trembling and weakening on the knees. Seeing her in this state was more painful than the longest touch of silver. There lay my mate with a heart monitor beside her, with wires and IVs attached to her once flawless and smooth skin now looking pale with prominent veins protruding from it. Her complexion had gone awfully pale. She was far from okay. The beeping sound being the only source of knowing that she was still alive and breathing.

I carefully approached her and with shaking hands, slowly caressed her cheek, my thumb grazing her skin gently.

"Alpha!" Kate appeared in the doorway, out of breath with worry lines creasing her forehead. No doubt she heard about my incident. I understand her concern for her patient but I'm not going to hurt my mate, I couldn't. They had nothing to worry about.