New Beginnings

Brii POV

I was moving to a new town in a new state. I didn't know what to expect. I was nervous for what was ahead of me. I was going to a new school in a brand new grade. I was entering 8th Grade at Maple Leaf Junior High in a month. I would miss my old friends, but hopefully, I would find new ones. I began to sketch what I felt like on a piece of paper in my sketchbook. I felt nervous, yet optimistic. These feelings started a fire in me, and soon enough, I was an art monsoon! I couldn't stop. My masterpiece was finished, and I looked at it. It was a girl. A blond haired neko sitting at a desk with her face hidden by her long locks of hair. I liked this piece. I marked it so I could work on it later. I sighed. "You okay sweetie?" My mom asks. "Yes." I replied while my dad pulled into a driveway. I guess it was our new house. It was a good size. Very pretty in the sun and natural lighting. "Here we are, kids!" Said my dad. My sisters and I took a step in. It was a spacious, lavish place with a high ceiling. Two stories with a furnished basement and an attic. There was a decently large backyard with a small in-ground pool. My sisters ran and chased each other inside, but I marveled at the sight of our new house. "Maybe living here isn't as bad I thought." I thought.

Anthony POV

I was on Steam, vigorously playing video games one by one. I needed to stock up on my daily gaming because school was only a month away! There I was, tapping away on my laptop. My mom came in and called me for dinner. I saved the round and ate. While I was eating, I was thinking about the future. I was going to 8th Grade. It wouldn't be that long until college. What course do I want to get? What colleges do I want to go to? What am I gonna do after school life? The real world... I know how many kids wanna get out of school and live, but in reality, it's scary. What if we're not ready? We'd just live with our parents, forever alone. I couldn't handle this. Video games were always my escape from reality. I knew I needed someone other than my parents to depend on, other than my friends and family. Someone I could look forward to seeing everyday. Someone to start a family and love with. Someone to confide in. All these thoughts ran through my head while I was sloppily eating pasta. After dinner, I just did the usual. Back to the ol' video game shenanigan. These thoughts shouldn't be bottled up, because they were true. My future is coming as fast as a lightning bolt. Before I know it, reality's gonna hit me right smack in the face.