Katelyn and I shared a groan. We haven't really talked much since we said morning to each other when she got in the car. I shouldn't have said that but I just thought we were friends after what happened in the park,I guess I was wrong.

KATELYN POV

I wish Kyle would talk to me. We haven't talked the whole car ride. I wish I knew what to say but I don't, not after what I said to him.

"Kyle I'm sorry for this morning and what I said." I sighed.

"It's okay, I know we aren't friends, I don't know why I said that for." He said sadly.

"Kyle of course we are friends." I said with a grin. Kyle smiled, "Do you want to listen to music with me?" I asked taking out my earphones.

"Sure." I nodded.

These past couple of days Kyle has grown on me he's really becoming a good friend. I'm learning that there's more to him than just being bullied. There's a funny and sweet boy inside him and I'm not ready to let that go yet.

*~*~*

"You look great Katelyn that bathing suit fits you nicely."

"Thanks Mrs. Stanford." I blushed shyly.

She smiled "You can call me Carol."

"I'm going to help Kyle's dad with the chairs looks like he's struggling."

We both shared a laughed before she ran off but then she ran back and told me "Thanks for coming, you know Kyle might not say it but he's really happy that you came."

I smiled down at the sand and when I looked up Mrs.Stanford was gone.

My mom came over to me styling like she was on a run way. She is one of those mothers who still thinks they're teenagers.

She had on a floral print two piece bathing suit and had her jet black hair down on a side.

"Come on Kate we're going for ice-cream." My mother said.

"You just want to show off that swim suit you have on right?"

"You know me so well."

I laughed "Yeah, yeah come on mumz before I change my mind."

"That's why your my favorite daughter."

"I'm your only daughter."

"Well your my favorite only daughter."  My mother joked.

On our way to the ice-cream truck we bumped into Jenni, her boyfriend Zack, Jake, Angel and her new boyfriend Jordan. Zayne and Angel aren't best friends anymore since that night of truth and dare a long has changed since then.

"Kat is that you're sister?" Jake asked.

"No actually this is my m-"

My mom hunched me "Yes I'm her sister Jane."

"Well nice to meet you Jane."Jake smiled.

"Nice to meet you too."My mom blushed.

Ewwwww...only if my mom knew he was just doing that to impress her. Or maybe he is that dumb to think mom's a teen..its possible.

"Hey Jenni." My mother greeted.

"Hi Mrs. White."

"Mrs?" My mom laughed.

"Yeah you and your husband are still together right?"

My mom laughed again "Of course n-"

"Of course they are." I laughed.