chapter 26

Louis's PoV

Watching Liam pace back and forth frustratedly is actually funnier than you think. He is fuming and groaning, tugging on his hair every so often. I'm watching h in an amused manner. This is the most entertaining thing I've seen all day. I start laughing a bit.

"Stop laughing, Lou!" Liam growls. I immediately stop laughing. We hear the door open and close.

"Alex!" I yell. She replies with a small 'yes'. Liam sighs and falls back onto the couch. I get up and run over to the door. I run into the front room. "How was—what's wrong?" Alex in sitting on the ground with her back against the wall. She has tears running down her face, but she utters no cry.

I bend down to her level. I wipe away her tears. "What happened? I thought you were with Austin?" I question.

"I-I w-was," Alex sobs.

"Then what happened? I thought you were excited to see him?"

"I-I was, a-and I st-still am. H-he had to g-go back to th-the o-orphanage," Alex hiccups.

I wrap her in a hug. I rub her back soothingly. I get an idea and smile. I quickly hide it and put back on my concerned face. I hold her firmly in my arms. "Why don't we go to the kitchen and get some...ICE CREAM!" I yell excitedly. Alex laughs, and I help her up.

We head over to the kitchen. Alex puts on a fake smile that I can easily see through. I sigh and pull her into a tight hug. “Everything will be alright eventually. Just give it some time,” I rub her back.

Alex’s PoV

It’s been two days since I was released from the hospital. The police are finally done interviewing me and asking me questions, which is a huge relief. I am so done with the police. The problem now is that the media is getting involved. I hate the media. I can’t even begin to explain my hatred for paparazzi and evil fangirls. Evil fangirls hate my guts, and the media likes to make up stories about the lads and me. The media makes my life seem so much cooler and eventful than it really is. My life isn’t that eventful besides what has recently happened. I just want to be left alone for five minutes. Is that too much to ask for? Apparently.

So the media got a picture of me getting carried into the hospital, and then they got a picture of me leaving the hospital looking weak and whatnot. I have to go back to the doctor’s and get a new brace for my left arm since it isn’t totally healed. The meadia created a story that Liam, Zayn and Harry abused me, and that is why Louis and Niall, along with Eleanor, took me to the hospital. Well, they are WAY off. It’s so far off the list of things that could have happened; it isn’t even funny. Another story said that this was bogus, and we made it up for attention. Wrong again. People are bad at guessing what happened. Now we have to go to an interview/press conference thingy to clear up everything so that the lads and I don’t get a bad reputation. Simon suggested it. He still scares me even though we have met several times. I think it’s the fact that he towers over me like everyone else on this planet.

I apply my makeup carefully. I don’t like when other people do my makeup. I feel like they always mess up my makeup. I like a dramatic look. They’re always the best. I messily curl my hair and create teased bump in the front. I fix my eyelashes to make them look very long and thick. I have altered my look a lot over the past six months. I went from very simple to very awesome. I go to my closet and find a pair Miss Me jeans. I pull on  a white tank top and grab a brown jacket. I grab a pair of combat boots and a few bracelets that some nice fans have sent me. I like them a lot, too. I go to the bathroom and check my appearance. I smile and walk out of my room when I am satisfied with my smile and my appearance.

I head downstairs to where the lads are. “Took long enough!” Louis sarcastically remarks. I roll my eyes.

“It takes a good hour to look this fantabulous,” I say, trying to hold a serious face. I fail and end up cracking a smile.”But seriously, it took me probably an hour or so to do this.”