Chapter 15

Chapter 15

The minute the wolf's body dropped to the ground Alec turned to me. He trotted over and looked at my leg again.
I expected him to yell at me but what I heard next from the pack link surprised me.
'Are you ok?'
'I'll be fine.'
'We need to get you to Fred.'
Usually I would have protested, but the limb was maimed and I didn't want the bones to heal in the wrong positions.
'Ok'
Alec then turned his attention to Will.
'Carry him while I take care of Chloe.' Alec spoke when I felt Will join the pack link.
'Yes, alpha,' was Will's short response. It was strange, having someone other than Alec or Devin talking in my head. Especially since it was Will.
'Thank you... both of you. I would be dead if it wasn't for the two of you.' It was horrible for me to admit that I couldn't protect myself, but right now I wasn't myself.
I saw Will look up at me with his piercing blue eyes.
'Don't mention it.' Will said with an emotion I couldn't quite catch. It was deep in his eyes, but in a second it flickered away.
'I would always save you, but I would prefer if you didn't go looking for trouble next time.' Alec replied with a hint of annoyance in his voice.
'I don't go asking for trouble! Trouble usually finds me!'
'So, your going for a run straight to the pack border where you know the Black Rock Mountain pack is waiting ready to snatch you up is, in your definition, not looking for trouble?' Will said raising his eyebrow as much as he could in his wolf form.
'Fine. Point taken- hey! Wait how did you know about that?'
His expression soon betrayed him. Instead of the condescending look he had previously, it was now that 'oh shit' expression.
I waited patiently for his answer with my eyes narrowed.
'Well-' Will began.
'Never mind that. We need to get back.'
Realization dawned on me. 'You told him!? I thought that kind of thing stayed between you and Brent?' I felt betrayed, and by my own mate. 'You just go around giving out my information to random people!?'
'No, Chloe, I didn't tell him.' He answered truthfully.
'Then Brent-'
'No, Brent didn't either.'
'Well clearly someone is lying.'
'No Chloe, no one told me. I...' Will exchanged a look with Alec. 'Just knew. I'm very.... Observant.'
'You..just knew?'
'Yes.' He curtly responded.
'Well I don't like that answer.'
'That's too bad, because that's the one you have to deal with.' His tone suddenly became hard and had a edge to it.
A warning growl rumbled to life from Alec.
Will, who was a few feet away from where Alec and I where standing, bowed his head to show submission.
'Lets get moving.' Alec commanded. Will leaned down and first stuck his nose under the unconscious wolf, then began to shift his head and shoulders under the wolf. He stood up and the wolf was laying across his back. Will didn't seem to be at all affected by the new addition in weight he was carrying.
'No, he's going to answer my question.' I said defiantly.
'I don't know if you heard me, but I already did.' Will responded giving me a hard glare.
'Chloe, we are moving. I want to get you to Fred as soon as possible.' Alec said in a tone that left no room for question.
'Well I don't know if you noticed.. But I can't walk.' I told him matter-of-factly.
'Thats why you're going to lean against me.'
'Oh..ok.'

We soon began to make our way back to the pack. Alec was basically holding up all of my body weight, but didn't seem to mind, actually he wasn't affected at all. The same was to be said about Will, who was carrying a full grown wolf on his back.
As I watched Will, realization dawned on me.
'Wait...'
'Whats wrong?' Alec asked immediately, concern building in his eyes. Will's eyes flicked back towards me, waiting expectantly, as if he knew what I was about to say.
'You haven't made one comment about me being a white wolf. You didn't even seem surprised!'
'And?' He asked.
If I had been in human form, my mouth would have been hanging open.
'Wha- what? How were you not surprised? Most people don't even think they exist!'
He gave a shrug of his shoulders. It just didn't make sense..unless..
'You already knew!! Didn't you!?'
He didn't say anything. He didn't have to.
I threw myself away from Alec, which caused me to stumble and fall over. I hated being on three legs.
Alec was instantly at my side, trying to get me back up.
'Get away from me!! You betrayed my trust! You have been telling him all my secrets!' I screamed through the pack link, hurt and betrayal seeping into my voice.
'No, I didn't, Chloe! I would never do that to you.' He replied in a hurt tone.
'Then how does he know?'
Again, Alec and Will exchanged a look. They were hiding something.
'I just knew already.' Will answered slowly.
'Bullshit! You can't, 'just know'. Someone told you, and the only person that I told was Alec.'
'Chloe, I told you the truth. And I know you can tell when someone is being honest with you.'
I froze.
How- how did he know that!? It was true, I could always tell if someone was lying to me.
Before I really started to freak out, Will interjected. 'It's a trait of white wolves.' But his expression seemed slightly panicked.
'How would you know about white wolves!?' By this time I had made it on to my feet and was backing away from him.
'I.. Studied them.'
That was a lie. Before I could call him out in it, Alec spoke up.
'We need to keep moving!' He really seemed tired of telling me this.
'No. I am going to get answers.' I told him.
'I already gave them to you.' Will was starting to get annoyed now. I didn't care.
'Not answers that I liked!'
'Well that's not my problem.'
'Ok then answer this. Alec didn't send you after me did he?'
'No.'
I took a sharp intake of breath.
'Wait.. Chloe you didn't call for his help?' Alec asked confused.
'No! Why would I? I called for you.'
Alec then turned to Will and growled.
'You saw her running in the woods, and yet you didn't contact me!!' Alec fumed at Will.
'Alec, that is not the problem here. The problem is he's stalking me! He followed me into the woods and never made himself known. He is some how finding out all of my secrets.'
'I didn't contact you because I figured she just wanted to go for a run and not always be watched frequently by you. Sometimes people just want to be left alone, and I didn't want to get her in trouble. I followed her to make sure she didn't run into any problems, and she did so it's a good thing I was there to save her.'
I was at first angry at him for only acknowledging Alec but then I realized what he actually said. He understood? He didn't tell Alec because he didn't want me getting in trouble with him. He only followed me to ensure my safety. This knowledge left me in stunned silence.
'Yet when they attacked you still didn't contact me?' Alec asked.
'I figured Chloe and I could take them out and no one would know. But, I soon realized that wasn't going to happen.'
The hidden message was clear as day. He thought I was a better fighter then I had showed.
'And what gave you the right to make that decision? You are a warrior, you follow orders, you don't make them.' This also seemed have a hidden message by the way Alec was looking at Will.
'I apologize for my mistake. It won't happen again.'
'It better not, especially when my mate is on the line.'
I was flattered by how much Alec cared for me but I did not appreciate the way he seemed to think he was my keeper.
I was about to express my thoughts but I found myself feeling completely drained and all I wanted to do is go to the pack doctor, get my leg fixed and go to bed. It had been a long night.
So I leaned against Alec once more and we began to walk again. I pushed all of my questions away and I would revisit them tomorrow when I had some rest and could think straight.

--------********---------********----------

Sorry the update took so long! I'm super busy and going through writers block, but I swear I know exactly where this story is going. I have to admit I didn't like writing this chapter, I found it boring, but the explanations were necessary. So, I never got to ask but what do you all think of Will? I think he is my new favorite character ;)
Don't forget to vote and comment!!