Chapter 8

Chapter 8

After my shower I decided to go to sleep early. I wasn't tired, but I didn't feel like leaving my room and running into Alec. I wasn't angry anymore, just annoyed. But, as I began to toss and turn in my bed, I realized I couldn't sleep. This happens a lot to me, if I have to much on my mind and haven't sorted it out yet, I can't sleep.

I've been avoiding thinking about it too much, but its caught up with me now. My dad, Devin, Alec. All things I haven't allowed myself to think about too much. My dad died, for me, my whole damn pack. A person can't live with that guilt, I know Devin has wanted to look out for me because he knows how I feel. The thought brought tears to my eyes. Devin cared about me so much.... And I could not give him what he seeks. If I hadn't met Alec, I would have chosen Devin. But I was not sure if I would wish away coming here, I mean how could I do that to my mate? We were destined to be together, and even though I was angry with him, I could not deny how I felt for him. A controlling, possessive man, but weren't all alphas? Could I really blame him?

I wasn't sure if it was my logical side or mate side that wanted to think I was being stupid. I was leaning towards the mate side. It wasn't fair that this was changing the way I thought. But, it wasn't a big deal, just an over reactive alpha.

So was I over this? More like was he. He shouldn't be so worried about me and Devin, but then again, Devin does pose the bigger threat to him for winning my heart, I guess you could say. This was all so confusing.

I had to get everything strait, so I could fall asleep, so I began to ask myself simple questions.

Do I love Devin? Yes.

Could I ever feel that way for him? I don't think so, not after I have met my mate.

Do I care for Alec? How could I not.

Devin or Alec? I could not answer. But it wasn't a fair thing to do. How could I compare someone I have known for years, to someone I just met. That's just it, I couldn't.

And that was my conclusion, I would just need to wait and see. On that note, I feel into a peaceful sleep.

-----

I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes from the window. Why didn't it have a curtain!? I groaned. This was my usual not a morning person self. I threw my pillow at the window, like that would do anything. Now the sun was shining in my eyes and I was pillowless. Nice going Chlo. So I was forced to get up, I glanced at the clock, 10:45.

I crawled out of bed heading toward the bathroom, to realize I still didn't have any clothes. Yesterday I had worn a t-shirt and basketball shorts from Alec, that I just rolled to fit me. But I was not going to ask him for something else. I saw out of the corner of my eye, on the counter there was something. I stepped into the bathroom and realized it was clothes, women's clothes. I unfolded them to get a look. They were just a t-shirt and athletic shorts. What was with this place, that was always the choice of style. Wait, someone had to bring these in... Was it Alec?

I stepped into the shower.

------

When I was out and dressed, I figured I couldn't stay locked up in my room all day. So I made my way over to my door, only to open it and be greeted by Brent.

With his hand raised ready to knock, if I hadn't seen him when I did, I would have run right into him.

"Uh... Alpha told me to come and check on you." He looked a little flustered, but quickly composed himself.

"Couldn't do it himself?"

"I'm not sure Luna, he just told me to check on you."

"Well, I'm fine." What was with me and being rude to this guy?