Protect.

Chapter 2

As we walked on the path towards the alpha's house, I got some looks. The kind that made me shiver uncomfortably and Devin growl viciously. We were now on the porch of his house and my wolf was going crazy. But not for the reason you would think. She was anxious. So I just told her to shush up so I could focus on the matter at hand. We stepped into the house and into what seemed like a meeting room, the alpha must have the downstairs set aside for the pack, like a living area and this meeting room. But I was not focused on the look of where we were. All I could focus on was the scent. THAT scent. It was addicting. It smelled like woodsy spice and freshly mown grass. It made me weak in the knees. Wait it WHAT!? What the hell was going on? My wolf seemed to like it too. Ok now I was really confused.

The three wolves that led us in suddenly bowed there heads. So I knew the alpha must be coming in. And the scent only got stronger, overwhelming me. It was getting hard to think with it so strong. The wolf entered. Correction the alpha entered. There was no denying that he was the alpha by the power coming off of him. My wolf became only more restless and anxious. Then he got closer I could see him now. He was towering over everyone else. He had to be 6'11, And made of pure muscle. He had dark eyes and black hair, and a perfect tan. The smell was now becoming unbearable.

Then he made eye contact with me. And it was like the world stopped, it was like Nothing was moving, it was just the two of us. It's like I could see into his soul from his eyes. I heard my wolf howl, screaming at me 'mate!'

I was frozen in place. I couldn't believe what was happening. My true mate was the alpha of the Glacier Forest pack!

I heard a low rumble in his chest, putting goosebumps up my arms. My wolf was purring. All the sudden he wasn't ten feet away from me, he was standing right in front of me. I could feel the tension between us. I now had goosebumps all over my body. He lowered his head down to where my neck meets my shoulder and took in a deep breath. He was smelling me I thought to myself. A low growl came from him, then in a deep raspy voice he said one word

"Mine"

My wolf liked the thought and was purring uncontrollably. But before I could do anything he was getting pushed away from me as I herd a vicious growl come from Devin. Shit! What was he doing!!? He was going to get himself killed! There was going to be nothing stopping the alpha from tearing him apart. Not only had he just pushed an alpha far more powerful then him, that alpha had just found his mate. For someone else to come in between a wolf and there mate, they where knocking on deaths door, not to mention this was a alpha so it affected him even more.

'Devin, stop!' I gave it to him as a order putting power into it. But Devin's wolf was furious and since he was son of a alpha he did not have to listen to me. So he didn't.

After my mate recovered... Wait did I just say my mate. I liked the way it sounded... Focus Chloe! He was now coming at Devin. His eyes where glowing he was one pissed off werewolf. He hit Devin in the gut with bone crushing force. Devin winced over in pain. My mate then came around with a elbow to the back and Devin fell to the floor. I had never seen anyone take Devin down this easily. Actually I have never seen anyone take him down.

Devin was about to get a kick to the head when he barely got out of the way by a hair and leaped to his feet. He threw a punch at my mate but he caught his hand and threw him across the room. He was only getting angrier and angrier. I had to do something or Devin was going to be killed. My best friend would be murdered by my mate. Well, that's the worst situation possible. So I did the only thing I could think of. I jumped in between the two.

To anyone else it would seem like the stupidest move. Jumping In between two alphas that were ready to kill each other, but it was smart in my case. Mates where physically incapable of causing any kind of pane to their mate. It went against every instinct they had. And there was no chance Devin would ever hurt me.