Protect.

Chapter 3

Too easy. Way too easy. Alec should not have excepted Devin into the pack that easily. It just shouldn't have happened like that. Yeah I mean I guessed that I might get him to cave in even easier considering I was his mate. But come on. That was way too easy. Something was up, I didn't just think it, I knew. But what would that make me that the second I get into another packs territory and am excepted by them, I go snooping around. As much Chloe as that was, I also had a brain. And as much fun as sneaking around trying to find out this packs secrets sounds... I knew better.

So I simply let Alec show me to the room I would be staying in after I told him repeatedly I was not ready to share a room with him. I will be staying in his house, as well as Devin. I can tell Alec wishes he wasn't but its not like he has another house to put him in.

We come to a stop at a door in this huge house.

"This is his room."

Ok, so I was a little annoyed he wouldn't say Devin's name. It was really immature. By the look on Devin's face he seemed to think the same thing. He gave me one last look before he walked in.

'I'll come up later and see you.'

'Don't get caught.'

'Come on I'm like a ninja, no one ever sees me coming.'

'You keep thinking that Dev.'

'Will do, sweetheart.'

I rolled my eyes at that comment.

"Your room is up stairs."

I thought we already where upstairs... Oh great, I would be sleeping on the same level as him. That poses a problem for me. One, it would be hard for Dev to sneak into my room with Alec on high alert. Two, I would be closer to my mates room. In my opinion it was to much of a temptation.

'You might have a bigger challenge sneaking into my room then we thought before.'

'Please, I laugh at the face of danger.'

'Just be careful. I don't feel like getting your ass out of trouble.'

'If I remember correctly I'm usually the one that gets your ass out of trouble.'

'So not true; I'm offended.'

'You know I love you though.'

'Yeah, yeah.'

Alec spoke up bringing me out of my thoughts, "So this is your room."

"Ok thanks for... Everything."

"Don't mention it."

"And um... Sorry about barging in and all that."

"You don't need to be sorry."

"Good cause its not something I like to make a habit of."

He chuckled, "And why is that?"

I leaned in so my mouth was right next to his ear and I was on my tip toes.

"Shows sign of weakness.", and before he could say anything I step into my room

"Goodnight, Alec."

"Goodnight, Chloe."

And I shut the door.

'He's leaving you alone right? I don't need to come and force him out of your room?'

'Like you could.'

'Have you ever seen me lose a fight.'

'Yes.'