Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Five.
Five wolves against me, and at the worst possible time. I had no confidence in myself whatsoever at this moment in time. Will had shaken my confidence, and in return I was terrified for this situation.
That doesn't mean I would let it show.
I wasted no time in turning into my wolf, I was strongest like this. Unfortunately, I had just given the Black Mountain Pack another reason to want me.
I watched as there eyes took in every inch of my pure white fur. The hunger in there eyes, if possible, became more intense.
I knew now they would never stop there hunt for me, never give up.
They were now slowly making there way towards me. I could still run. And I was mentally scolding myself for the idea. But, in this case, it was the best option.
So, I turned around and ran. I would get the wolves closer to Alec by running towards him.
I could distinctively here the sound of my paws hitting the earth, and theirs joining. They had now crossed the border, and Alec could kill them for entering his land now.
I was pretty fast. Most females are faster than males, because of the muscle difference. But, considering I was about the size of an average male wolf, my pursuers were just as fast. I thanked my lucky stars neither the beta or alpha had been among them. What worried me was the smaller wolf I had seen.

I was right to worry, not far into the run I herd a pair of paws straying away from the rest, he was getting closer.

It didn't take long until the wolf was far too close for comfort. I had only been running for about a minute. He began to try and get ahold of one of my back legs. If he slowed me down, the rest would be able to get at me.
In a move he didn't expect, I swiftly flipped around and clamped my mouth around his neck. I put a great amount of pressure on him until I herd him cry out in pain and his neck snap. I quickly dropped him to the ground and took off running again. I heard the angry growls of the wolves behind me as they saw their pack mate laying lifeless on the ground. But, they didn't hesitate to stop chasing me. They were now much closer thanks to the delay of killing the other wolf.

'Chloe?' Alec called out to me.
'Yeah?' I responded a little winded, even through the pack link. Lets face it, I ran how ever many miles to get to the border, and now I was running at top speed back, while having four wolves on my tail. I was allowed to be a little tired.
'I'm about seven minutes away, how are you doing?'
'Well, actually your about four minutes away, I'm running towards you.'
'And they're chasing you?' And could feel how angry he was. Whether or not it's from me leaving the house, the fact that these wolves were trying to take me away from him or that they are on his land is unclear. Most likely all of them, which makes for one angry Alpha.

I had let myself become to distracted by the conversation with Alec, for in the next second I felt a pressure on my back, and was taken down to the ground.
I quickly turned to face the culprit, and aimed to take a chunk out of his neck. But, he quickly got off of me before I could complete the move. I hurried to my feet in an attempt to run again until I realized I was surrounded. The four wolves were circling me now, staring at me with lustful and hungry wolf eyes.

It made me slightly feel better at the fact they wouldn't kill me. Although, the thought of being captured was not appealing either.

'How far?' I quickly asked Alec.
'Two minutes.'
I didn't have two minutes.
All at once they pounced at me. So unfair. I chose the wolf on my right to rush at. I quickly dove and slipped right under him as he leapt in the air. They all ended up crashing together in the middle and growling at each other.
I took the opportunity of them being tangled up to attack. I went at one of the wolves laying on the bottom with his stomach fully exposed. I struck with my razor sharp claws and watched as blood pooled out. I heard and straggled cry, which seemed to get the other wolves attention as to where I was.
I wasn't quick enough. I soon felt teeth sink into my leg and tear me away from my prey. He threw me against a tree. By the time I turned around to stand back up, the same wolf was on top of me. Pressing my back hard into the ground, teeth bared, snarling, the crazed hungry look in his electric green eyes.
I again found myself scared. And I despised the feeling.
I closed my eyes, not wanting to see what would happen next. That is until I felt the weight rush off of me.
I scrambled to my feet expecting to see Alec's black wolf, but what I saw completely took my by surprise.
A large smokey gray wolf with haunting gorgeous blue eyes was now fighting the light brown wolf who was on top of me only moments ago. I then recognized the familiar smell of the grey wolf.

It was Will.
Will's smell. Will's eyes. Will's wolf.
The man who had gotten me into this mess, was now saving me.
He soon tore out the light brown wolfs throat, and was on to the next. I watched the grace he possessed as he fought. Each move calculated, controlled, and precise. I never stood a chance.
He soon had two wolves ganging up on him, each nipping at him on different sides.
I snapped out of my haze, and made a move towards him to help, but stopped as I felt the pain rush through my leg.
I looked back to examine my back leg, and realized it was much worse then I thought.
The mangled limb was hanging torn and broken in several places. My stomach rolled at the sight and I could barley hold in my whimpers from the pain.
I looked back at Will to see him still fighting with the other two wolves. Even though he was out numbered, they were clearly out matched. Will handled them the same way he would fight one opponent.
But.. He was only fighting two...wasn't there three left?
I snapped my neck around the where I herd paws hitting the ground. A blond wolf was charging right at me.
And I was frozen. All the training I ever had prepared me for this, but I wasn't myself. I wasn't in my right mind.
My leg hurt far to badly for me to swiftly move out of the way. So I stood, waiting for the impact.

Just as the wolf's strong legs pushed off the ground, leaping towards me, a black blur collided with him in the air. The force of the impact sent the blond wolf flying thirty feet away and crashed into a tree.
Just as quickly as I moved my eyes to the blond wolf, the black blur was there. It snapped the neck of the blond wolf with one easy jerk.
When the figure slowed down enough for me to make out a shape, I realized it was a wolf, the biggest wolf I had ever laid eyes on. He was at least five and a half feet tall just from his shoulder to the ground, where as a regular werewolf was around four and a half. He was also extremely muscular.

I watched as his head whipped around to look at me, dead on. A pair of familiar dark eyes met mine.
Alec.
My stomach did flips at the sight of him. My wolf, clearly more present in this form, wanted to jump on him.
I had never seen a handsomer wolf. He was far bigger, stronger, powerful, and more dominant then any alpha I had ever seen.
He trotted towards me, his eyes only leaving mine to look at my bloody back leg that I was holding up.
A whimper left his mouth. He stopped in front of me and licked my hurt leg. A whine left my lips from the pain.
He stopped and began to growl. I turned to realize that the two wolves Will had been fighting were frozen in place, shaking with fear.
Will still had his teeth bared and was snarling at the two. They paid him no mind their eyes were glued on my mate. They weren't of course looking him directly in the eyes, that would be a challenge, but more towards the ground he stood at.

Alec took a step forward. One wolf dropped to the ground, whimpering and rolling over on his stomach to show he meant no harm. The other took off.
Dumbass.
In a nanosecond Alec was no longer standing next to me and I heard a squeal of pain about four yards from where I was standing.
Alec then gracefully walked out from the brush with a smudge of blood on his muzzle.

What I felt was difficult to describe. I was intimidated, but in a good way. I couldn't help admiring him. This tough, beautiful, fierce, mysterious man was my mate. And I was falling for him.
Most human females would turn and run the other way. But, seeing him like this, blood on his muzzle, eyes crazed, another wolf shaking at his feet, it was a complete turn on.
What was happening to me?

Alec was now standing in front of the wolf who was still laying on his back whimpering.
For awhile Alec just sat there and growled at the wolf. I guessed he was deciding what to do with him.
Then, in one abrupt movement Alec stood up on his hind legs, and with great momentum came crashing down with both paws onto the other wolf's head.
The other wolf lie still, but was still breathing. He was unconscious.
Alec had spared him.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Again I apologize for the late update. I was on vacation one week and then school started right after. So I have become a lot busier. So, to all those that ask when I update, there is really no specific time. It could be anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.
Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote/comment!

Protect.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara