Chapter 6

Chapter 6

My eyes immediately found Devin's. He was standing in the middle, in a cleared spot with Brent. Alec placed his hand on the small of my back and urged me forward. Devin's eyes immediately went to where Alec's hand was and a snarl came with the look. I just pretended I didn't notice, but Alec had other ideas, a growl ripped through the air and he was glaring at Devin. Devin dropped his gaze as he realized he disrespected his soon to be alpha. Alec and I walked on a path the pack was clearing for us. I didn't miss that Alec pulled me closer to his side, and the looks I was getting from all the other males. I was so tempted to lower my gaze to the ground, but I would never do such a thing. It was a sign of weakness and submission. The pack would not be getting either of those from there future Luna. So I held my head high, and walked confidently.

I looked around and realized, by the crazed, lust filled look in all of there eyes, if it wasn't for Alec, they would have all jumped on me. The thought sent a disturbed shiver through my body. I instinctively stepped closer to Alec, which he seemed to like. Devin, not so much, he was trying his hardest to not seem disrespectful, but he was fighting with his wolf.

We got to the center and I took a few steps away from Alec, I tried not to make it noticeable but he clearly took notice and tried to get me back in his grasp. I simply shook him of and a unhappy frown took place on his face. I didn't mean to be that way but it just felt... Awkward standing there with him like that when Devin was so close. Devin and I shared a smile and Alec turned to the crowd.

"Today we will take two new members into our pack. They both come from the Snow Top Mountain pack, that was attacked. They would both add to this pack, Chloe as Luna, and Devin as 3rd in command. It would be in the best interest of the pack and me, the alpha to take them in. " He then turned to Devin and I.

"Do you promise to hold the best interest of the pack while following your duties? Do you promise not to double cross us, and with all your power to protect us? Do you vow to put all your allegiance, and obedience into me, your alpha?"

Devin and I spoke in unison, "I, Chloe Rekez, agree to these conditions." Devin said the same thing only he said his name.

Alec then spoke, "You will now open your mind to me and become one of us, you will renounce the title of the Snow Top Mountain pack."

"We renounce the Snow Top Mountain pack and accept the Glacier Forest pack."

His claws then came out, we both held out our hands exposing our wrists.

He took each of our wrists and dug his claws into them, over the same scars alpha Collen marked when he took us into his pack.

"I now mark you as one of our own."

I started to feel a heavy pressure in my head, until finally it broke through. I was surrounded by the whole packs thoughts, until, naturally, I blocked them out. I then felt someone break into my head, the only one that could do that is the alpha.

'Welcome to the pack, my sweet.'

He then turned to the rest of the pack, our pack. "Chloe and Devin are now one of us. You will treat them with the respect that is deserved for their positions."

Alec was now my alpha... I didn't feel that same way I did towards my old alpha, I was not intimidated. This must be due to the fact that he was my mate.

There ceremony was now over, it was a thing for werewolves to keep things short and sweet.

I first looked to Alec standing in the circle, then Devin. They both seemed like they wanted to talk to me. Too bad I didn't want to talk to anyone. I needed sometime to myself, I wanted to go for a run in the woods. Or maybe a run with Devin. I felt like I haven't had anytime to really talk to him.