Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I was left standing in the kitchen. It had only been about a minute since Alec went up to his office to talk to Brent about who knows what. I was still standing here, shocked. How could I have let it get that out of hand? The mate connection was stronger then I thought, I would need to be more careful.

I don't lose myself in the moment, allow myself to be taken over by emotions. I always keep a level head and use logic. Not this time.

Not only had I lost myself in the moment, I couldn't even stop! If it wasn't for Brent we would have ended up with both our clothes off and in a compromising position. It's not like I didn't want Alec, he was my mate. I just wanted to wait longer.

But, I knew, the only thing that was really bothering me about it, was that I wasn't in control. I lost all control in that moment, and that was what scared me.

I raised my finger to my slightly swollen lips, from the kiss. I was still slightly in shock. My emotions all swarmed together, consisting of: anger at myself, confusion, disbelief, and....guilt. I still felt guilty because of Devin. Ugh, why does everything need to be so complicated!? I pushed the problem to the back of my mind to think about another time.

What I really wanted to think about was what Alec and Brent were talking about. They said it was important, and I didn't miss the whole looking at me trying to convey a secret message. It sounded like the type of thing I would want to listen to. Which is why I made a bee-line for the stairs.

I walked up quietly, which was easy to do for a werewolf. I reached the top and started up the next flight to the 3rd floor. I turned right down the hall and reached the door to Alec's office. I pushed my body up against the wall outside the door, and used my enhanced hearing.

"-they might become a danger to the whole werewolf population, if the numbers get out of hand. We should take care of them now."

"What do you want me to do, alpha?"

"It's not something I'm going to address with just our pack, I will talk to my brother and the other alphas we have an alliance with. But, they are not the immediate threat at the moment."

My curiosity spiked. What were they talking about? A threat to the whole werewolf population!?

"What the report on the Black Rock Mountain pack?"

I held in a gasp. They were still looking for me?

"They followed Chloe and Devin's scent to are border. They wouldn't dare enter of course. I'm guessing now they are wondering if Chloe made it through the territory, or if we got to her."

"Let's hope they think-" he stopped abruptly. I held my breath.

The door swung open and there stood Alec, arms crossed over his chest.

"Ease dropping?"

"Uhh... I was looking for the bathroom?" It came out more like a question. Really Chloe? The old 'looking for the bathroom trick'.

"Mmhhmm"

"How did you even know I was out here? I was silent."

"You think I wouldn't be able to smell your intoxicating scent? And the mate bond is starting to get stronger, I can sense when you're close."

I blushed and looked down at the ground. I knew that comment wasn't supposed to be meant the way I was taking it, he simply just answered my question. Nevertheless, it still had the same effect on me.

I looked up remembering what they were talking about. "The Black Rock Mountain pack is looking for me?"

"Well you really think they would just stop after they almost had you?" Brent replied from behind Alec. He was then silenced with a growl from Alec.