Truly Yours 17

Christina POV

- Four Weeks Later ...

I quickly grabbed my keys from off of the coffee table, and made my way outside to my car. Today was the day I was finally returning back to work. Jenna is already upset with me for taking an unnecessarily long vacation, and now she's about to be even more mad at me for coming in late.

Once inside my car, I instantly placed my key into the ignition, and started towards the hospital. Traffic today in Chicago was horrible as usual, and I was already missing Maui. After fifteen extra minutes just getting through traffic, I was finally at the hospital.

I was back in my familiar setting, and I actually missed it. The first thing my mind went to was Victoria. I missed my princess Tori! I couldn't wait to shower her in a dozen hugs and kisses.

"About time your ass came back to work," Jenna 'greeted' me when I stepped into her office.

"Awwn I missed you too," I laughed as I placed my purse on her desk, then took a seat in the chair across from it.

"Soo how was it?" she asked, folding her arms, and leaning back in her chair.

"The best time of my life. I definitely have to go back."

"Shoot, I need a vacation!"

"Go take you one," I laughed.

"With what money?" she asked, giving me a sideways look. "I wish I was ballin' like you."

"Girl bye. I'm not 'ballin''."

"Shit, apparently your man is! But speaking of him, what y'all been up to?"

"Same 'ol same 'ol," I sighed.

"Oh lord. What happened this time?"

"He might have something."

"You mean, like a ...?"

I nodded my head yes as her jaw dropped.

"Chris you need to get both of y'all checked out!"

"I know. We're suppose to go to the clinic sometime this week for a follow up appointment."

"Well I'll pray for y'all."

"Thanks."

After spending thirty more minutes in her office just talking, we returned back to work. Jenna had a lot of paperwork she had to fill out, and there was a few kids I had to give occupational therapy. Today made me realize how much I truly missed and love my job. I loved working with these kids.

When Tori saw me, her whole face lit up. She was just as happy to see me than I was to see her!

"I thought you left me!" Tori exclaimed.

"What do you mean?" I laughed.

"I thought you got a new job and I would never see you again."

"Tori I would never do that. I love this job too much."

"So where did you go?"

"I took a vacation."

"With Uncle J?"

"Yes."

"Did you two have fun?"

"Yes," I laughed.

Tori's spirit was always good to be around. No matter how I'm feeling, she always knew how to cheer me up. She was always jolly, well, almost always. When it came to giving her her therapy, it was a different story. She hated it. I always promised her that if she acted like a big girl, I would buy her some McDonald's, so that's exactly what I did.

Truly Yours | J. Coleजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें